Let's Make Music | Teen Ink

Let's Make Music

By iAMCASSiENiCOLE BRONZE, SUMMERVILLE, Georgia
iAMCASSiENiCOLE BRONZE, SUMMERVILLE, Georgia

Part of where I'm going is knowing where I'm coming from. -Gavin Degraw

We are only instruments that should be used to make music to soothe the soul of a broken spirit. Our words of encouragement should represent the lyrics that will be replayed over and over again in one's head. Our words they will cling to like a blanket on a cold winter's night. Our words should give them hope, motivation, and determination which provides them the drive needed to keep them moving forward. Our actions of love should represent the beat that makes them want to dance, despite the tempo. It makes them want to fly because our song has empowered them to do so. Our song will not consist of meaningless words with a beat that would dampen the spirit and darken the sould, but it will be uplifting and comforting. Our chorus is what will stick with them the most. It becomes a new philosophy of life for them. It becomes their anthem and when they hear it, they will put their hands in the air and say "This is my song right here!" Our song will be a song that they can ride to even in their darkest moments. Our song will bring them inspiration and allow their light to shine. And if their light is already shining, our song will make it shine brighter and they will feel invincible and capable of doing the impossible. Our song will be a song that lives forever. Even after we are gone. Our words:the lyrics, our actions of love:the beat, will live on forever. Our song will NEVER be forgotten. Our song will NEVER stopped being played because we made music that soothes the soul of a broken spirit.

This piece was inspired by life. It's about looking at life differently and being a beacon of light for someone else.