Azure Sky | Teen Ink

Azure Sky

October 18, 2009
By MeganE BRONZE, Eatonville, Washington
MeganE BRONZE, Eatonville, Washington
3 articles 0 photos 1 comment

The sky is a beautiful dark blue, a blue I have never seen before. It is so enticing that I never want to look away. It is a cold day, the water is like ice and the air is crisp. Every time I inhale I feel as though I am breathing in ice crystals. My body convulses from the frigid air every few seconds and my teeth won't stop chattering, but I never look away from the sky. There is just something about it that makes me feel alive and happy. It is a quiet day, I can only hear the sway of the trees as they blow in the breeze and the sound of a chipmunk as he scurries across the ground. I never want to leave the dock, but I know I have to because the sun is setting in the distance and that means it will be getting much colder once it disappears beneath the horizon. After a few more minutes of just laying here I get to my feet and start to walk in the direction of home, but before I leave the dock I stop and turn around one last time. I need to take a mental picture of what I see, for I want this image to be emblazoned in my mind forever. I want to always remember this moment, this time, and this place. After I close my eyes and take a deep breath I start heading for my family's cabin. As I'm walking I listen to the grass crunch underneath my feet, a grin then crosses my face because I know that what I saw will be in that place in my memory forever.