Sunshine. - Part 2 | Teen Ink

Sunshine. - Part 2

By C.Paige GOLD, Norman, Oklahoma
C.Paige GOLD, Norman, Oklahoma

"God teaches us things in mysterious ways. He teaches us love through heartbreak, He teaches us acceptance through failure, and He teaches us strength through the loss of things treasured." - C.O.

- My eyes flutter open. "Good morning sunshine." His voice, the blazing sun, and I'm the lucky ice cream cone. I blush. He grins. Smooth, chestnut hair, coppered skin, gleaming whites, and blinking seafoam crystals all gazing down at me. <i>I wonder if he knows he's perfect..</i>
- "Get up Sleepy Head. I made breakfast," he says as he skips back to the kitchen. This makes me giggle. <i>My God, he's amazing..</i> I roll out of bed and follow him down the hall. The cold wood on my feet and cinnamon in my nose both familar.
- I step into the kitchen to find him standing beside a fully set table, two plates in hand. I gasp. "Aww Eythan.. This looks great. You didn't have to do this." He simply gives me this look like he does this all the time. I walk over and take my plate from his hand. "You're the best," I say, leaning in to kiss him. Our faces close, his breath brushing my cheek, and that's when the phone rings..