....and the world went silent | Teen Ink

....and the world went silent

By amberlynn.zero PLATINUM, Pleasant Valley, Iowa
amberlynn.zero PLATINUM, Pleasant Valley, Iowa

i admire darkness, its so pretty,
i wish i could be pretty like that...

There was something in the air that night, A poison which was bound to grow into me. Destiny handed me a script, My future was written down in a tragedy; I chose my role and played my part to an end.

Like the fool that I was.

I watched the stars closely that night and wondered how long it'd be before my time to shine in the brightly in the skies, the terror of the thought took me by susprise. The night was calm, my heart was wild.
It was the calm before the storm, my play had offically began. The world before then had drifted, spinned and twisted as I had wasted away, rotting into the ground bit by bit. That night fate took another direction, I followed blindly. Had I known the ending to my story, had I seen what was to come. It ended as fast as it began. I told myself I would change fate. I told myself I wouldn't be found dead.

...However, death truly makes an artist.

I counted the stars in the sky that night, I watched as the stars mulitpiled and this time I knew what was to come. The emptiness of the thought took me by susprise. The night was wild, my heart was calm.

It was only a matter of time now...

Johanna218 said...
I am the original author of this poem, I wrote this many years ago. I would appreciate it if you would not take credit for it, since I am planning on using a couple of lines from this poem on another piece that I am working on now. 

Prometheus PLATINUM, East Aurora, New York
A few spelling/grammar errors, but overall a powerful piece.  Very strong voice.

StephD PLATINUM, Shrewsbury, Massachusetts
This is such an amazing piece of writing! Its so beautiful! keep writing cause you are amazing!

DaydreamBeliever GOLD, Lockport, Other

If you live to be one hundred, I want to live to be one hundred minus one day, so that I'll never have to live without you. -Winnie the Pooh

Really, really beautiful :) My favourite line was also "...However, death truly makes an artist."

on Oct. 28 2010 at 10:41 am
meganleigh122 GOLD, Greeneville, Tennessee

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass... It's about learning to dance in the rain."

Good story, very descriptive :) there were some spelling problems, and me being an OCD freak, I noticed them lol but it happens to the best of us :) I really liked your wording and my favorite line was "...However, death truly makes an artist." Beautiful :)

on Oct. 28 2010 at 8:43 am
inksplatters21 SILVER, Mason, Ohio

"Character is how you live when no one is watching."

Very powerful.  I like that it's short, sweeet, and to the point

tallgirl1222 SILVER, South Pasadena, California

"Actions make character. If you never do anything, you never become anyone." An Education 2009

The narrator's fatalistic view of his life reminded me of this quote: "I hold the world but as the world, Gratiano, A stage, where every man must play a part; And mine a sad one."

-The Merchant of Venice Quote Act I. scene I.

Also, I really loved this piece of writing.  The descriptions and sentence structure was amazing.  Keep it up!

Waterlogged BRONZE, Grapevine, Texas

"Winston, you are drunk." To which Churchill responded, "and you, madam, are ugly. But in the morning, I'll be sober,"-Lady Astor and Winston Churchill

It was amazing how you crammed so much feeling into so few words.......

That was really depressing and sad, but the words you used were very adult, very. . . intelligent.

I enjoyed it when you said, "However, death truly makes an artist." It sounded like stephen King wrote it himself!

KEEP ON WRITING! YOU'RE VERY GOOD!

KiraKira PLATINUM, Cardiff By The Sea, California

Do not pity the dead, Harry. Pity the living, and above all, pity those who live without love -Albus Dumbledore

amazing! Breathtaking! :)

on Sep. 30 2009 at 11:12 am
Very good description i also liked the story

on Sep. 28 2009 at 1:58 am
thedarkestmind, Fresno, California

"He who leaps for the sky may fall, it's true. But he may also fly."

This is goood. :)

Schubster said...
That was fantastic...Bravo! I would love it if you considered to write a sequal though...I would really look forward to it! :) keep up the great work!

check out my work?

Zero_K DIAMOND said...
Zero_K DIAMOND, Moosic, Pennsylvania

"Life's no fun if you're not insane, otherwise you grow up to be an accountant." -Moi

Enigmatic. "Death truly makes an artist" I love that line.

-Blessed Be!

+++ZERO+++

ultrabookworm BRONZE, Equestria, Kentucky
Magnificent.

arigoesrawrr said...
It was a little confusing but good at the same time. =]

LilaW PLATINUM said...
LilaW PLATINUM, Brampton, ON, Other

Live. Laugh. Love. Fight. Flight. Get it right.<3

i like it :)

omg this is amazing ;)