What Would You Do.? | Teen Ink

What Would You Do.?

June 2, 2009
By Anonymous

What do you do when the one you love, the one you trusted your heart with, the one you've spent 2 years of your life thinking of wants to leave this planet completely.? What would you do if the love of your life spent the night dragging razor after razor over their wrist, if they spent the night taking nine of those thirteen depression pills the doctors handed them carelessly. What would you do, if you found out that they wanted to leave everything behind.
You would feel like a failure, like a complete and total untrustworthy fool; feelings would rush through your head wondering what you did wrong, where the things you said or did were too little to keep their depression from relapsing. Imagine feeling these things, locking yourself in your room, and you can't tell even the closest of friends or family what's going on.
When you want so intensely to warn your lover's family what's happening to them, but you know that if you did they will take it as the deepest betrayal. And when their family does discover what they've done, they blame you-not because they hate you, but because they don't want to blame themselves for the wretched disfigurementation of scars forming on their arms.
So tell me, What is it that you would do in such a circumstance as this..?