Independance Day | Teen Ink

Independance Day

June 30, 2009
By Anonymous

“ Daddy, look at da pwetty colwers in da sky” My cousin, Taylor , who is 2yrs. Old, was still learning how to talk. But considering his age is doing tremendously well.
Like every Independence day we were at Myrtle Beach, watching the fireworks. Instead of going to the beach my parents stayed at home to go out to a dinner with some friends. So I came with my Aunts Nikki and Shannon, my Uncles Brandon and Scott, my cousins Alle, Sarah, and Taylor. OH, and my grandparents Judy and Stanley. They pay for our one week stay here at the beach every year.
“C’mon you guys, its getting late” My Grandma Judy said tiredly. I knew she would go to bed as soon as she got inside. We all went inside the sliding door that leads to the balcony. I sat down on the couch and laid my head down on arm of the couch. Then my thoughts wandered to the signing of the Declaration of Independence. I could clearly see it by remembering the paintings from history class. Another thing I could remember was all the paintings of the all the dead bodies laying on the battle field. All those young men some even boys dying for my, Our freedom. And some time from imagining those paintings I fell asleep, because I woke up at 9am the next morning on the couch.
At breakfast I made sure we prayed for those who dies for our freedom.