The Party | Teen Ink

The Party

By E.Gaffney SILVER, New Bedford, Massachusetts
E.Gaffney SILVER, New Bedford, Massachusetts

"Nothing in this life worth having comes easy." -Scrubs
"Don't tell anyone anything or you'll start missing everyone."- The Catcher in the Rye
"There's nothing to be afraid of, it's just life."- One Tree Hill

She felt the eyes sear into the back of her as she slunk down in her seat. Everyone knew what she had done. Everyone knew every single detail of her mistakes.

Friday night was going to be perfect. She had never been to an actual party. Sure she'd hung out with a few friends but not such a big group. There would be alcohol and she knew she'd have a little just to feel at ease.

The night rolled around and she wore her favorite blue shirt and her nicest jeans. She walked into the party feeling just fine. She knew people and found that she felt just fine talking to everyone.

They had alcohol and she had a sip or two. Two turned to three and three to four until she felt like everything was spinning. There was a cute boy who's name she couldn't quite grasp but he was nice and they talked alot.

Her stomach rumbled and turned and everything seemed fuzzy and out of place. He asked her if she'd like to sit and she agreed. He took her hand and led her to a dark room. She was confused but followed. He told her she was beautiful and brushed her hair from her face.

He leaned in and kissed her. She'd never really been kissed so it felt strange. The kissing got stronger and one thing was leading to another. Clothes were coming off and her mind wasn't moving as quickly as his hands were.

When it was all over she just layed there in the dark crying. How had it come to this? She wasn't that girl. No one would have to know though. She could forget this mistake and move forward.
Monday morning every single person in the halls quieted to watch her walk passed. Her friends avoided her and no one would look her in the eyes. She knew they all knew.

"Yeah, that's the one." Said a girl. "The whore."

on May. 31 2010 at 12:07 am
coco_babe BRONZE, Dapto, Other
That was amazing. I loved reading it. Even though that has never actually happened to me, it felt as though i could relate to it. as if i was that girl. Amaxing work. keep writing.

EmilyPaige PLATINUM, Morris Plains, New Jersey
That is really good. It isn't afraid to show the dark side of parties, but still shows it in a way that makes it realistic.

on Jun. 15 2009 at 12:21 am
Elle Thompson BRONZE, Livonia, Michigan
i need 2 know more! so write more pu-lese!

pinksage33 BRONZE, Woodstock, New York
Great story. keep wrighting,