Runaway [To Follow My Dreams] | Teen Ink

Runaway [To Follow My Dreams]

By MusicL0v3r28 GOLD, Forks, Pennsylvania
MusicL0v3r28 GOLD, Forks, Pennsylvania

I grabbed my small suitcase, stuffing my belongings in the tiny carrier. A few pairs of jeans, two sweatshirts, and two pairs of chucks. I snapped on about five hair-bands. I put my ipod, cell-phone, make-up bag, and sunglasses in my bag. I walked into my kitchen, staring at the picture of our family on the counter. How happy we look... How fake. Our family is falling apart, or maybe it's just me. I picked up my mom's flower stationary... writing...

I'm sorry. I have to get away, I have to do what I need to do. I'm disintegrating with all emotions. I'm falling apart inside. I don't know when I'll be back, I don't know if I'll be back. This isn't your fault, it's my choice. Thanks for taking care of me all this time. I love you. You're confused but safe daughter and sister. -Lacy.

I wiped the tears off my face, messing up my streak of eyeliner. I put the note on my mom's purse, knowing she'll read it, when she comes home from picking up my sister from soccer practice. I grabbed my bag, taking one good, long look around the house. I opened the door slowly walking outside, leaving all memories behind. I jumped into my car, turned the keys, and chased my dreams and fears.