Alone | Teen Ink

Alone

By Bella_Queen PLATINUM, Brinkhaven, Ohio
Bella_Queen PLATINUM, Brinkhaven, Ohio

Being a hero doesn't mean you're invincible. It just means that you're brave enough to stand up and do what's needed.
-Rick Riordan

The cold rain falls around her, shielding her from the world. This is her refuge, her safe place. She comes here when she wants to be alone, when she feels she needs to get away. This is one of those days. She looks up at the black clouds, blinking away the raindrops that fall in her eyes. She doesn't move, because she has a few more minutes to be alone, a few more precious minutes. But she doesn't want minutes, she wants hours, years even. She just wants to stay here, entirely, and utterly alone, she wants to sit in this swing, and watch the raindrops fall. But she can't stay, she can't sit here in the rain forever. She must leave her refuge, her safe haven. She can only stay for a few minutes, minutes that are cherished by her. She stands slowly, savoring the wet drops that fall on her upturned face. It will be long before she returns, but she smiles at the thought that this place will always stand here. Awaiting her return.

Smith Summer

Parkland Speaks

Campus Compare