Ugly Duckling | Teen Ink

Ugly Duckling

April 20, 2009
By music4bunny BRONZE, Nederland, Texas
music4bunny BRONZE, Nederland, Texas
4 articles 0 photos 2 comments

I guess some could say that she was pretty, but as her mother I didn’t agree. Her eyes were too far apart and what nothing is special about brown eyes. Her skin was not a pretty color, definitely too pale. And her hair. It wasn’t a luscious blonde or a dreamy brown, or even a colorful red. It was the color of caramel, a stale caramel. She was tall and lanky, no one could call her graceful. No. She was definitely not the gorgeous child of the lot. The oldest was without a doubt stunning. Her hair was long and the color of dark chocolate, and those piercing blue eyes could give anyone chills. She was the one that could have been a model, but followed her dreams to law school. The second child was the all American boy with beach blonde hair and emerald green eyes. A spitting image of his muscular, athletic dad, God rest his soul. He used his looks to bring home a different girl on his Friday night dinners at home. Yes, college was being very good to him. Then there’s the youngest. The ugly duckling I’ve described. And she wants to be a model. That’s about as likely as a cat become synchronized swimmer.