It Took You Two Seconds | Teen Ink

It Took You Two Seconds

By Sugeyyy_06 BRONZE, Oak Park, California
Sugeyyy_06 BRONZE, Oak Park, California

"What's wrong?” I replied even though I didn’t need anything else to worry about. Marissa explained that Carson had done what?!? Everyone had known this for a while, maybe two weeks or so. I could not keep it in anymore I just cried, tears just ran down my face. How could he do this to me? After everything we had been through, but it all made sense now. I was starting to put two and two together and everything made finally made sense. I was done with him, I would not let him disrespect me like that. Especially because I looked stupid now,  but at least I found out who my real friends were. No one had told me anything they all just made fun of me. As I headed to my next class I wiped the tears away and fixed my makeup. After sixth period I decided to facetime Carson…

Let’s bring it back, Hi! I’m Brently and currently, I am living my best life now that I am done with Carson. But before all that happened I was dating the most popular guy in our grade and I guess you can say the most attractive. Now that you know that, let's bring it back even farther; It was a cold February night. The first day of February x’ed out of my calendar, glaring out my window with a pen in my mouth. I was writing down a list of what I wanted to get Carson for Valentine’s Day. It was exactly 2 weeks away and I still needed to go shopping and wrap it.        

Bzzzzz! Bzzzzzz! My phone went off. It was Carson texting me.

“I’mma hop into the shower real quick I’ll text you when I’m out.”

“Okayyyy.” I typed. Honestly, it was too late for my brain to function, and I couldn’t think of what I wanted to get him.  I started putting my school materials in my backpack and packing my volleyball gear for the game tomorrow against Camarillo. “Goodnight!” said my mom as she was brushing her teeth.        

I spat the toothpaste I had in my mouth out. “Goodnight ma!” I went to my room, and started to pick out what I wanted to wear the next day.  Before I even looked in my closet, I checked the weather for the next day, a high of 86 and a low of 63. “Shorts and a tank would do, I’ll just wear a hoodie in the morning and when it gets warmer I’ll take it off”.  I folded up my clothes, set my alarm and went to sleep.

Ugh, I woke up surprised. I fell asleep right next to my cell phone and the alarm was at its highest volume possible. Annoyed, I turned off the alarm and unlocked my phone. Every morning I scroll through Instagram and watch all the snapchat stories. About ten minutes passed by then I finally got up and went to the restroom. Every morning it’s the same routine; pee, brush my teeth, wash my face, and brush my hair. I went to my room and changed, did my makeup, and put on my shoes.

When I got to school I went to my locker and left my volleyball bag and my hydro flask in there. I took out my phone and texted my boyfriend. “Carson are you here yet?” I walked towards the table where all my ‘friends’ would sit every morning. “Hey guys” I said awkwardly.

What's ups and some fake smiles is all I got. They were all having their own conversation so I just stood there, because Carson wasn’t there. Okay, so I was a transfer student and didn’t really have many friends yet, I just hung out with these people because of Carson. He was running late, he always was. Honestly, at this point I was getting tired of it, we have already talked about it, and he agreed that he would come earlier. He would drive himself to school, so he really had no excuse. I was upset and embarrassed so I just left for class, alone, once again.

Okay, so, Carson and I had been arguing at least twice a week, most of the time it was over irrelevant things. He was the one who would always start the arguments though. For some reason he was not happy, he was always moody and never wanted to talk about it. I just wanted to work things out with him. Well, when I came to the table again at nutrition Carson was finally there. I stood next to him and he completely ignored me. People just looked at me and giggled, I just ignored it but I knew something was up. I tapped Carson’s shoulder so he’d notice me, all he did was turn around and say “oh hey.”

“That’s all I get?” I said as I rolled my eyes.

“What did you want me to say?” replied Carson annoyed, as he was walked towards his ‘bros’.

“Where are you going?” I said raised my voice as he got farther.

“Don’t worry about it jeez, you are so clingy”.  

I did not know what to do, I was annoyed but also tired of putting in all the work into our relationship. So I walked in the opposite direction. Frustrated I was trying to hold back my tears, wanting to cry and drop to the floor. But of course, I didn’t, I acted normal just like I always did. Perfect, for the people around me. No one knew the real me, over here I was the perfect new girl who got with the hottest guy in our grade. Every girl wanted him, but somehow I was the one with him. Was the popularity worth it? The things I was going through? Something that has crossed my mind before but I didn't even want to think about it… not till now. Now that I was considering it, I wasn’t so sure that it was worth it.

As I was rushing through the hallway I saw one of my friends. The backstory on her, she was actually really close to me, her name is Marissa. Marissa always told me what the other girls would say about me, good and bad. I saw the look on her face and I knew something was up, I knew that she knew something. “I need to tell you something, now!” said Marissa.

“What's wrong?” I replied even though I didn’t need anything else to worry about. Marissa explained that Carson had gotten someone pregnant and that she went to our school. Everyone in the school had known for a while. Maybe two weeks or so. I could not keep it in anymore I just cried, tears just ran down my face. How could he do this to me? After everything we had been through, but it all made sense now. I was starting to put two and two together and everything made sense. I was done with him, I would not let him disrespect me like that. Especially because I looked stupid now, but at least I found out who my real friends were. No one had told me anything they all just made fun of me. As I headed to my next class I wiped the tears away and fixed my makeup. After sixth period I decided to facetime Carson.

“Hey, can we talk,” I said, on the verge of tears.

“Yeah what’s up?” Carson knew that I found out, he could see it in my face. “I know I know” he said. “We are done right?” “Is this over?”

“Of course it’s over!” “What were you thinking!?” I said frustrated. I told him that I figured everything out, he cheated on me with his ‘childhood friend’ from another school. It wasn’t my problem though, Carson was a soon to be father and he was not going to be part of my life anymore. In 9 months, it took 9 months to develop my heart and it took Carson two seconds to break it. In nine months he will be a father.

Nine months.

Tragic highschool story with a twist. 

on Nov. 29 2018 at 3:00 pm
whitepony15 BRONZE, Brandon, South Dakota

What the colt learns in youth he continues in old age.
– French Proverb
A stubborn horse walks behind you, an impatient horse walks in front
of you, but a noble companion walks beside you.
-Unknown

Wow, nice writing. Seriously.