The Story of Lambeseus son of Mr. Fluffy | Teen Ink

The Story of Lambeseus son of Mr. Fluffy

By NathanCastro-Martinez BRONZE, Savannah, Georgia
NathanCastro-Martinez BRONZE, Savannah, Georgia

My Life had a humble beginning.  My father was the pet of a young Trojan.  Mr. Fluffy was loved by Katrecia as if he were the last lamb on the planet.  She would spend the entire day playing with him.  She walked the road of life with him all the way to the end.  She helped him through life and cared for his children just as she would have loved him.  It was no surprise that when the Greeks came along, she thrust us out unto the world.  Katrecia was not a dull knife, so she sent us with her dog Senatorius.  Unfortunately, Senatorius was the dullest knife in the world,  and lead us to the ocean.  That was where I saw him.  Clad in armor, and leading his men into the mouth of Hades himself, or at least trying to get them out of it. Arrows were flying everywhere, like snow on a January day.   I silently hobbled into the ship when my father suddenly cried out in pain and despair, and around him lay a pool of growing sanguine fluid.  It is there on that hallowed seashore, he let out his last “bah”.  That is when Mother was delivered the same fate, but this time she was lifted to her eternal home by a briny beelzebub and never seen from again. I alone with my younger brother and my fruitful wife and two daughters alone ventured to our eternal reward.  
                      Part Two
     We were starving on the ship for seven days. Upon our arrival, we found three slivers of tiny straws.  The rest of the days we could only find dust, and the remains of a dead mouse.  Hunger almost took my brother on the sixth day when Zeus ended our suffering.  The man cried "Oy Odysseus, I have laid my eyes upon five skinny sheep", another man replied "comin' Adonis".  We knew that the end was near, but at least it was come at the blink of an eye.  It was when we we thought that the end was closer, tragedy struck.  My puerperal wife fell under the pressure of hunger, leaving this world and joining my parents in Elysium. I alone had to fend for my daughter, my newborn son, and my brother.  Adonis and Odysseus feasted upon my wife and eldest child.  Adonis and his sick man then kept us as compatriots. 
     Part Three
The men have left us several times in the past 6 months.  The first time, we landed on an island with many natives.  They offered some food from their culture, and we thought nothing of it. Adonis, my brother Shopeus, and my daughter Delfina even partook in it.  Then,  Shopeus and Delfina began to weep, scream, and kick when they saw the sails of the ship reopen.  Odysseus began dragging a screaming Adonis while yelling “you need to get back to Ithaca to find a beautiful female,” with a response of  “I care not for females now, I now care for lotus fruit!” When he dragged Adonis on the ship he let out a bloodcurdling cry of despair and pain. He began to scratch at the metal grate that held him between him and euphoric apathy. Afterwards began clawing at his cellmates, face, and walls trying desperately to escape his confines.  Odysseus laid eye upon the struggle of me and my family, and with one strong heave, picked up both Delfina and Shopeus and dropped them in our makeshift house. 
         Part Four
When Odysseus and his men landed on his second isle, he was gone for three days.  His men were making plans of self-government and mutiny while he was gone.  They believed that he along with his twelve fighters fell at the hands of the cyclopes, so they began to unfurl the mast on the third day when they saw six sheep running towards the ship.  The carried the sheep in, when a giant cyclops with a hole in his face as big as a tree and starts throwing asteroids at the ship.  Oh, the fright that we had! My family and I were shaking along with the other sheep.  We didn’t even hear what Odysseus was rudely calling out to the giant until I heard the curse.   That is when we got out of the frying pan, but were about to be in the flames. 
Part Five
We were at the Underworld when it happened.  We had evaded Scylla and Charybdis, and have been exiled by Aeolus. Then, Circe told us to go there.  She also said that there needed to be a very large sacrifice, so me and Dolfina were sacrificed.  Adonis always liked Shopeus more than me. We were slaughtered and piled on top of the other dead animals spewing sanguine fluids all over the pit.  We tried everything to stop Adonis from killing us, we gave him the stare of despair and pain that usually rips apart a man’s soul, then we cried a bloodcurdling “BAAAH” when he lifted the blade.  The sword struck Dolfina on the shoulder with a loud “thwack” as the blade lacerated the skin and fractured the collarbone with an even louder “Crack!”  I was next, and received my thwack and crack on the head. Blood oozed out of our arteries and stained the rock floor of the Underworld.  We were chosen by Hades to forever accompany Odysseus to his final days.  

This story is set after the invasion of Troy, following a lamb that it taked with Odysseus.