Farewell To Manzanar

How would you feel if we separated your family, and locked you up in an internment camp in the middle of nowhere for who knows how long? You probably wouldn’t like it, you would probably loath the people who put you there. Well that’s exactly what you have done to the Japanese American people. These people are being treated like criminals, when in reality they are as much of a victim as you and I.
These people that you have in these camps are just as American as you or I, many of them were born here and have lived here their entire lives, and they were effected by the bombing of Pearl Harbor just like we were. Now not only were they effected by what happened they were taken from their homes and put into this strange new place that they cant leave like prisoners who did nothing wrong. Most of these people have their own homes that they are loosing; what’s going to happen when you let them out? Will they be homeless or is the government going to help them get it back? Wouldn’t it be better of you just let them go back to their lives now and save everyone from being in a cornucopia of trouble? If you do not do something soon people will react rebellions in the camps, not only that but you are going to alienate the citizens of your country, citizens you need to be loyal to you.
There are children in these camps that are being cut off from every other child outside their race it is going to cause major problems down the road. When they are released from these camps (you know that they will be) they will lack basic social skills, and the other American children will not know how to socialize with them. For example when the Japanese children are aloud to go into American schools they will be constantly lampooned for being different.

torigirl0609 said...
I completly agree, what happened to all those people was not right, they were people just like all of us.

Master_Panda said...
Dec. 20, 2012 at 4:42 am:
It hurts me that these camps do this and because they keep them in there for so long even when they are children.