private peaceful | Teen Ink

private peaceful

For my book review, I read Private Peaceful by Michael Morpurgo. The genre is Social Issues, and the copyright date is 2003.

Private Peaceful is a book that takes you through the life of a boy named Thomas Peaceful. Throughout the sixteen years of Thomas’ life that the book follows, he faces many struggles and difficulties. A large portion of the book covers his life with a friend named Molly and his older brother Charlie. Throughout the book, the three share many difficult experiences such as when Thomas’ mentally ill older brother Joe goes missing and is thought to be dead or when Molly and Charlie have a child at eighteen. The book then follows Thomas’ life into the Army at 16. When he joins, Charlie comes with him into World War I and they experience the struggle together. Charlie frequently looks out for Thomas throughout the story and performs many heroic deeds, a cruel twist of fate results in extreme penalties for Charlie when he refuses to leave Thomas who is injured after a bomb hits nearby.

Ultimately, I would recommend this book for my piers for many reasons; one of these reasons is the books very detailed story line. The book draws feelings from the reader on every page, such as excitement, sadness, worry, curiosity and others. The book also leaves you wanting to know more about Thomas, Charlie, and Molly’s lives due to the interesting and difficult events they’re filled with. Ultimately, I would recommend this book because it is interesting, well thought-out, and informational story plot

massacre said...
on May. 26 2011 at 8:30 am
massacre, Lakewood, Washington

"Hate is a word for somebody you love but no longer believe in."

Sounds like an interesting book... but I think you were looking for the reviews section??

on May. 12 2011 at 9:49 am
Jean16Bean PLATINUM, Batavia, New York

"Writing is not hard. Just get paper and pencil, sit down and write as it occurs to you. The writing is easy-it's the occurring that's hard."-Stephen Leacock

I LOVE this book! Do you know that there is a movie in the making?