Abe, Help Me! | Teen Ink

Abe, Help Me!

By CodyWrites BRONZE, Atglen, Pennsylvania
CodyWrites BRONZE, Atglen, Pennsylvania

I am, who i am. No one else. Just Cody

Dear, Abraham Lincoln

Hey Abe! You probably don’t recognize me but I’m Cody! If your wondering why this message is in PERFECT hand writing is because I wrote it on the computer. Ugh, a computer is a machine that.. Ugh, a machine is a device use by Electricity. Electricity is ugh... Just forget it.

I come from the future. Don’t fear though or be freaked out or anything. I just have a little problem. I heard you stopped slavery on January 1st 1863 with the Emancipation Proclamation! Slavery had to be racism to the max! Well that’s the problem. Racism is still a problem Abe. And I need your help! Racism is all over U.S.A. and I want to stop it! So I need your help. It’s not just whites racist against blacks. There is blacks racist against whites too! I need your help to stop the repression of our minority.

If we don’t stop this we could go into another Civil War. I’m scared of what this world might come to if we don’t act fast. It seems like no one else cares but I make a big deal about it. I’m like you in a way Abe. I want to stop it just as much as you did. All I need is a tall hat.

How did you solve it? Do I have to be president or anything? Because im not the sharpest tool in the shed. Did your Vice President Hannibal Hamlin help you? How much help did the abolitionist give you? Or did you do it all on your own? How long did it take you to stop slavery?

Anyways enough about that. How’s your life? How is your wife Mary? Or you kids Robert, Edward, Willie, Tad? If your starting to get freaked out by all these different questions. Please, don’t write back. Haha.

Even though you ended slavery in 1863, racism is still here in the year 2010. If your mad about how racism is still here, you should write back. I just want to stop this for good. I want world peace, but it seems like a fantasy or something. I’m only 13 years old so I don’t know much about “Saving the world”. But once again Thanks
~Cody
P.S. if you don’t feel like writing back, you can always call m.... Well you can just Text m... Blah, Just write back please!

This is still in an edit.
This is for a contest im entering.
Once again my Title I teacher inspired me to write this.

abandonedkid SILVER, Richmond, Virginia

"every guitar needs to be tuned" which means everyone needs help with something

hi,my name is taylor and that was really cool and your really cute i live in richmond but, im going yo pennsylvainia on the 27th of nov.

abandonedkid SILVER, Richmond, Virginia

hi,that was really cool and your really cute,i live in richmond but,im going up to pensylvania on november ,27, 2013.you should check me out here and on twitter.