Anne, Diana, and Gilbert | Teen Ink

Anne, Diana, and Gilbert

By LoneWolf67 BRONZE, Colorado Springs, Colorado
LoneWolf67 BRONZE, Colorado Springs, Colorado

"If I can bring happiness to people all around the world, then I will try my best to do so."
-Tom Holland

"I personally think if something's not a challenge, there's no point doing it, because you're not gonna learn much."
-Tom Holland

"The harder you try, the better the impression you set on the people around you."
-Tom Holland

"My biggest flaw is probably my attention span, or lack thereof."
-Tom Holland

"Fame is a beast that you can't control or be prepared for."
-Tom Holland

"There's not much I can do except try my best, which I will always do."
-Tom Holland

"The most important thing, in any thing you do, is always trying your hardest, because even if you try your hardest and it's not as good as you'd hoped, you still have that sense of not letting yourself down."
-Tom Holland

"On stage you need to emphasize every emotion. But on screen you have to tone everything down and make it believable."
-Tom Holland

"I tried and therefore no one should criticize me."
-Daniel Radcliffe

Our story begins 15 years ago. I was there when this happened, I know that this is true. By the end of this true story, you will know to. And here it begins…

One day Anne was walking through the Forest of Avonlea with her mother. Just as they were crossing the bridge over the rushing river, a huge tree fell on the bridge, breaking it. Anne’s mother fell into the river and was swept away. Anne turned back and went down river where she found her mother’s dead, broken body lying on a giant rock. Anne collapsed in tears. She cried until she was too tired to cry anymore. While she was sleeping a hunter happened to come along. He saw Anne sleeping and saw her dead mother. He thought about his little girl who had died when she was 7, around Anne’s age. He decided then and there to pick her up and take her with him. When he arrived home he laid her on his own big bed where he and his wife used to sleep. This was before his wife died of grief because their daughter had died. The next day when Anne woke up she saw the hunter and a meal awaiting her on the table. Anne was confused about where she was and asked,’’What is your name and where am I?” The hunter replied,” I am Gilbert and I have brought you to my house so that you would not get eaten by beasts in the forest.” Anne was fine with this. She then asked if they could go find her mother’s body and bury it. Gilbert replied, “Yes. We can do that if you really want to” So begins the best part of our story. They were walking to the river and the large rock when a wolf cub dashed in front of them. They stopped. A huge falcon was diving for the wolf cub, trying to kill it. The hunter raised his rifle and shot down the falcon. The wolf cub was gone. They were still walking when they heard a mournful little howl from the brush on the side of the trail. They went to investigate and saw the wolf cub. It was a small, runt of a thing, with legs the size of your thumb. It was covered in scratches, had one paw held up and a chunk of one ear missing. Then Gilbert bent down to pick the cub up. The cub didn’t resist. Anne said, “We should just go home and take care of the baby wolf.” So they turned around and started the long trek back home. When they arrived Anne took the wolf from Gilbert, went to the big bed, torn some of the sheets, and wrapped the cub’s ear. When she had finished that she went outside, got two small sticks, and made a splint for the wolf’s broken leg. Gilbert had been getting some water and meat for the wolf cub. He took the items to the cub and she took them eagerly. Yes, you read that right, the wolf is a girl. Anne heard this and decided to name her Diana, after her friend. After 3 years, Diana was healthy and was still Anne and Gilbert’s friend. She came back every night to sleep and left in the morning. One day Anne and Gilbert had a surprise waiting for them with Diana. Wolf cubs! Anne was amazed at how big they were. Diana had been so small as a baby. They named the cubs Phillipa, Charlie, Ruby, Ash, Lyric, and Davy. They all still came back every day, even after Diana had died. The pups came back with their pups and this continued for generations. It is still happening now. I should know, because I am Anne.