first day of schol | Teen Ink

first day of schol

By haydinthomas BRONZE, Malakoff, Texas
haydinthomas BRONZE, Malakoff, Texas

New school, new friends, new life. It is the 1st Day of school, and I'm super scared. Not only because I'm a freshman, but I'm going to a new school and I have to make new friends.

I wake up and get ready to go eat breakfast. My mom takes thousands of pictures like an ordinary mom would do on the first day of school, even though I hate taking pictures. As we are eating breakfast, my dad is giving me an inspirational speech for my big day.

“I know it’s going to be hard for you today, but I know you’ll handle it well. I believe in you. I love you.” “Yes sir, love you too.” I respond. My mom hugs me and I walk out the house.

I'm waiting at the bus stop and a boy comes up and says, “Hello, my name is Jerry Johnson,” said Jerry.  I tell him my name. He asked me, “Do you want to be friends?” and I responded with, “Sure!”

The bus arrives and we get on it and sit by each other. Jerry introduces me to some of his friends, “Guys this is Tyler he is new to this school and he needs friends. Can yall be friends with him?” they all say yes and then introduce themselves.

“Hi, my name is Cameron but you can call me Cam for short, and this is Clay, Cole, and Erik.” When we arrive at the school and get off the bus this one boy whose name is Bryce Hightower, the school bully, comes up to my friends and me, and asked Jerry,” Who’s the new kid…….He just adds a new idiot to my list!!” and he laughs. Jerry says,” LEAVE US ALONE.” but Bryce pushes Jerry and leaves.

We walk into the school and got our schedules. Jerry has 1st, 2nd, and 5th period with me and also lunch. We walk into our first-period class which is chemistry with Mr. Bailey. We stand up and introduce ourselves and low and behold Bryce is in that class. It was my turn and I was nervous, I stood up and said,” My name is T-t-ya-er M-ill-er and I’m New here.” I sit down quickly but I forgot to say one cool thing about me so I stand back up and said, “ One cool thing about me is that I play sports.” everyone claps and I sat down, but as I'm going down Bryce pulls my chair and I fall to the floor and everybody laughs. I was so embarrassed and was ready to be at home. 1st period is over and now it's time for 2nd period which is English with Mrs. Russell.

As I am headed to 2nd period I stop by the restroom to pee. When I walk into the restroom there is a line to use all three urinals and the stalls don’t have a door. It was so disgusting. I had to pee really bad so I waited in the long line. I waited for 5 minutes and ended up being tardy. “Hello, Mrs. Russell I’m sorry I was using the bathroom.” I said as I rushed into the room. Everyone started laughing at me. I sat down at the only desk left and it was in the front of the classroom.

I ran out the classroom and went home crying. My mom asked, “What happened ?” as I woke up from my dream.