Silver Scar | Teen Ink

Silver Scar

By DeathNeko BRONZE, Lafayette, Colorado
DeathNeko BRONZE, Lafayette, Colorado

Faint screaming came from the hospital nursery, but that didn’t seem to bother a little silver haired boy who was sitting in the waiting area. His feet dangled from the couch that was there and was waiting with his grandmother who was knitting. Bored he looked over to see if his grandmother was paying attention before standing up and walking over to the window where you can see nursery.  Now standing on his tiptoes he looked at the many babies that were sound asleep, and all wrapped up in a blue and pink blankets.Soon a gush of wind hit him causing him to look over to the doors to see his father. “Come here Silver, let’s go meet your new brother,” His father said as he picked up the silver haired male who wrapped his little arms around his father’s neck. Entering the room Silver saw his mother holding a baby causing him to tilt his head in confusion, “What is mommy holding?” Little Silver asked as his father smiled. “You will see,” Placing Silver on the bed where he could see his little brother but where he wouldn’t hurt his baby brother. His mother smiled and had Silver sit criss-cross and gently placed the black haired baby on his lap with his arm under the baby’s head. “This is Shadow, new baby brother.” Smiled his mother causing Silver to smile as well and nuzzled his brother.

Few years had passed and the two brothers were in a small school together but were in different grades. Every little kid smiled noticing Silver enter the class with a large grin on his face, it was all great for Silver. Now as for Shadow it was the opposite, the other kids moved out of the way, saying mean stuff about him causing him to feel down most of the time. It was time for the two grade to go outside and everyone wanted to play with Silver but not little Shadow. Silver noticed but soon he was crowded with all the other kids causing him to smile. Little Shadow sat down with his knees up to chest poking the dirt with a stick. He sat there alone causing some other boys to walk up at him. “Look it’s the little Shadow. You do realize that no one likes you. No one will be friends with you.” Laughing the boys kicked down Shadow causing him to hurt his wrist. Silver and Shadow walked home as Shadow stayed silent most of the time. Entering their home Shadow ran up the stairs confusing his older brother and his parents. Pushing it aside their mother and father went back to talking but little do they know the damage that was going to happen in the future.

Now teens in Signal Acadmey the two brothers slowly drifted apart from each other, Silver the popular, Shadow the loner. Silver was always getting amazing things and as for Shadow he was always treated poorly. Day after day Shadow would get beaten up and was told that he couldn’t be like his older brother. All this negative comments started to get to Shadow, but not in a depressing way more of a angry way. Watching his brother being praised for everything Shadow grew to hate him. Those years as a child started to catch up, those times he was bullied in the halls of Signal all started to get to him. Silver was great and Shadow was nothing this was all getting frustrating. When Shadow was in his room he had a board up plotting revenge on his older brother, plotting to kill their parents for what they haven’t done. A sinister smile appeared on his lips, black smoke surrounded him as the evil plans were written on the large board.  Nothing can stop this angry person.

On Silver’s last year of Signal Academy his parent sent him off to get a piece of metal that he needed for his weapon. Shadow smiled a bit from the top of the stairs as his parents and brother were saying their goodbyes. Shadow moved silently back to his room and started to put his plan into action. Silver walked out of the town waving everyone goodbye for the time being, before turning his back on the town and walked into the deep woods. Silver walked for some days, he was extremely tired and was ready to give up and head back home. Soon though there was a cave, sighing with relief he ran towards the cave and stood at the entrance. It was dark that you couldn’t see anything even if it was standing right in front of you. Silver looked around for a branch and ripped a piece of old clothing that he had. Lighting it on fire he walked into the cave slowly.

Watching his older brother leave he smirked and walked over to the board, studying it very carefully. He heard his parents walk back in and put his serious face back on before walking down the stairs. “Hey mom and dad I am going out,” Shadow said and his mother frowned a bit. “Oh okay dear,” She said with a sad smile confusing Shadow before he reached for the door handle. “Hey son wait,” This caused Shadow to turn around to face his father who towered over him. “Why don’t you go with your mom she has been meaning to spend time with you, but you never seem to want to. Why don’t you do it, for her.” His father whispered in Shadow's ear before Shadow shook his head. “It’s not like you guys really care for me. All you care for is Silver. You Shade and Sill never noticed what has happened to me. Why should I care for you two? Oh by the way I am never coming back home.” Rushing out the door and slamming Shadow smirked as the black smoke surrounded him once more be he vanished. His parents ran after him but only to see that he wasn’t there. Sill, the mother, had tears rolling down her cheeks, looking and running around for him. Shade watched her as she finally reached her husband, sobbing loudly. “H-he’s g-gone!” Sobbing Shade wrapped his arms around her in a tight hug rubbing her back.

Days passed and Silver finally came out of the cave all bruised and scratched, but he looked down at his hand to see a gold and silver piece of metal before walking back home. It took some days before he was close to his home where he could barely make out the figures of the building. There was something off through, there was black smoke everywhere, covering the town. Alarmed Silver ran all the way home not stopping for anything even if he’s legs started to hurt. He reached the entrance of the town panting like a dog and looked up to see a blazing red and orange sky. Fear filled his eyes as he started to run all the way to his home, dodging all the falling building parts. Reaching his home he moved the door noob which would not open, causing Silver to kick it down. Shadow groaned as he turned around but soon the frown was turned into a smirk as he held a knife in his hand. Silver eyes were wide like plates noticing his parents tied to a chair.“Oh look who it is, big brother. The brother who was praised for everything that he did.” Shadow said in a boring tone. “Why are you doing this Shadow?!” Silver yelled tears fill his eyes. “Oh you want to know why? You know why big brother? It’s because you were always treated better than me. Everyone loved you and hated me! I was bullied and you did nothing to help! Our parents never noticed because they were to focus on you to do anything with me!! Now you and them are going to pay!” Shadow turned around lifting his arm in the air with the knife in his hand. “No!” Silver yelled before tackling his brother down to the ground. Growling Shadow rolled over and kneed Silver in the stomach and punched him in the face. Shadow stood up towering over Silver who was on the ground. “You may control the dust product but I control the wind!” Shadow yelled and moved his hands as a gush of wind pushed Silver outside destroying the doorway of their home out of his hand. Silver groaned in pain as he stood up from the ground with one eye shut. “You will not win!,” Silver yelled as he reached in his pocket for red dust.

With the red dust in his hand he had it move from one hand to the other before turning around creating a large fire dragon. Silver pushed his hand out in front of him sending it towards Shadow who moved to the side, but he wasn’t quick enough as the fire burned his face. Shadow screamed in pain and looked up to his brother who was already in the house. Unable to see he stood up, holding the burned eye slowly walking away before he bumped into a someone. Glaring up with his one eye not able to see that well but only did he see amber eyes and smirk. “Looks like we got another member.” A female said before motioning Shadow to follow her. Looking back Shadow growled to himself before following the young lady into the woods. As for Silver he had a very small amount of the red dust in his hand blowing on it slightly on the rope that was wrapped around his parents which caused the rope to sent on fire but not for long. “When-,” “Mom, dad there isn’t time to ask questions!” Silver said grabbing their arms running out of their home as it exploded. Sighing Silver looked over his parents who were panting like dogs. “Are you two okay?” Both of the nodded as Silver sighed in relief.

Soon both Silver and his parents walked out of the town coughing as they tried to save as many other as they could. Feeling eyes on him though Silver looked up to the largest tower of the town that he lived in. He glared as he saw his brother looking down at him with one eye closed, they stared at each other for sometime before Shadow had vanished. Sighing Silver helped his parents go to Vale to find a place to stay a while, but Silver knew all too well that one day he was going to face his strong younger brother but for now he has to help his parents find a new home for the time being.

Many days have passed and Silver and his parents were able to get a small home in Vale, but Silver was down for sometime and would even sneak out of the house at night. One of those nights he went to piercing place, “Hey I got this piece of metal made into a piercing sometime a go, so I was hoping you would put it on me?” “What for kid?” “Let's say it will help me control my semblance more,” Is all that Silver said causing the man to look at the others who only nodded. Painful minutes by and Silver paid before walking out of the small shop looking towards the cloudy, and starry night. Sighing Silver walked back home with his hands in his pocket, and as he entered his home his mother gasped. “Why would-” She was stopped when her husband placed a hand on her shoulder. “There is nothing we could do, we knew this day would come, when he needed something to help him. And if he sees it like that then so be it.” Silver turned a bit emotionless afterwards, because every emotion he showed it made it harder to control his semblance. Now he must attend Beacon Academy to get more training to able to defeat his younger brother. “Shadow just you wait, I will make you pay.” Silver said as his black eyes glowed a bit.