Traitorous Savior - A Harry Potter FanFiction | Teen Ink

Traitorous Savior - A Harry Potter FanFiction

By HaleyPotter SILVER, Henderson, Nevada
HaleyPotter SILVER, Henderson, Nevada

erised stra ehru oyt ube cafru oyt on wohsi.

Severus Snape,

You are a sad, pathetic man. Yet I find that I cannot hate you as I’m supposed to. I’ve known you for six and half years and I finally have some semblance of what you’re about.

But that is the only inkling of you that I will ever have. Because you’re gone, and memories can only do so much.

Finally, though, I understand why you hated me, yet felt the need to protect me at the same time. I look like my father, but my eyes reminded you of my mum. Lily Potter, the love of your life.

I don’t blame you, she was beautiful and, from all the stories I’ve heard, a very good person. I wonder how my life would have been had she lived, would you have hated me? I wouldn’t be the Boy Who Lived. I’d be just be Harry Potter.

I was supposed to be in Slytherin, you know. It’s where the Sorting Hat wanted me, but Ron had corrupted me on the train and I begged it to put me anywhere other than there. I think being in Slytherin might have been easier on both of us. It would prove I wasn’t completely like my father.

Except I’m sure I’d still get into a ton of trouble. But I don’t look for it, trouble just sort of finds me. Surely you’ve figured that out?

I’m sorry for calling you a coward. Not that you can blame me...I had no idea what was going on. I wasn’t informed that Dumbledore had planned his death with you. And I’m equally sorry for using Sectumsempra when I had no idea what it did.

Did you ever use it on anyone?

Sorry, personal question...Not that it matters. You’re dead.

I still can’t believe that. It’s too weird knowing that you’re never going to insult me again. Not that I’ll miss it. But I will miss you. You are one of the strongest men I know – you and Dumbledore. I don’t think I could ever forget you.

By the way, Ginny and I are getting married. I proposed yesterday. She’s agreed to name one of our children Severus – whether it be a first name or middle name.

What do you think of ‘Albus Severus’?

Sincerely,
Harry J. Potter

P.S. I think I’ve lost it. Writing letters to a dead man...

Harry's always deserved a little bit of closure. And I rather like Snape.

WolfGurl PLATINUM, Not A Real Place, Indiana

Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened. –Anatole France.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. –Josh Billings

Men are from Earth, women are from Earth. Deal with it.- George Carlin

A nation that destroys its soils destroys itself. Forests are the lungs of our land, purifying the air and giving fresh strength to our people. —Franklin D. Roosevelt

Never lose. Either win, or learn. - Me

Oh, really good!

on Jan. 7 2016 at 3:17 am
EmmaMayWang GOLD, Pelham, Alabama

"It is art, and art only, that reveals us to ourselves."
- Oscar Wilde

Haha, I could totally imagine Harry writing this! Good share!

Embrace22 GOLD said...
on Jan. 14 2015 at 10:25 am
Embrace22 GOLD, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Did you know you can now tag other users using "@"?

on Aug. 4 2011 at 10:36 am
writingrox BRONZE, Harrisburg, Pennsylvania

"It is our choices that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities." (Albus Dumbledore)

My favorite part: "P.S. I think I've lost it. Writing letters to a dead man..." XD Can he write a letter to other people that died, like Fred or Lupin?

HaleyPotter SILVER, Henderson, Nevada

I  don't have any other fanfics on here, but I do have some articles, so check those out [:

This was really good! I loved it! You write really well......Do you have any other stories on here?? I would love to read them!

dant3 said...
That was amazing realistic, well written, and in-charater. i loved it, especially that bit at the end about his son's name. you should definitely continue writing. 

HaleyPotter SILVER, Henderson, Nevada

Thank you! I wrote this right after I read the seventh book. The title was suppose to be "Severus Snape", but I forgot to change after I decided to use a different story :P

on Mar. 14 2010 at 8:40 am
creativityrules BRONZE, Lucknow, Other
AWESOME.... it sounds totally harry like when you read it... good job!! =D