Alex's cool story | Teen Ink

Alex's cool story

May 26, 2016
By Jboimoney7 BRONZE, Dexter, Michigan
Jboimoney7 BRONZE, Dexter, Michigan
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

So one day there was a man who played a game.  This game consumed his entire life force.  His name… was Alex Everdeen.  His obsession was hearthstone.  One day he was having a heated battle with a friend who happened to have much better cards than he.
“God why is he so freaking good!?” He paced back and forth in frustration.
“Why do you suck so much?”  Alex slowly turned around to find Randall ‘Savage’ Schliebe sitting at his desk with a straight face.  Alex struggled for a comeback while his game persevered and finally came to an end with his opponent coming out on top.  This created smoke clouds as he fumed at being embarrassed doubly by both the loss and Randall’s savagery.  As the bell of class rings something else also rings out to Alex…
“Maybe you should go back to playing magic noob!” Randall gave his classic stare with dead eyes locked on to his prey.  In this case the reticule was right on Alex’s head. 
“Well maybe you should shut your mouth!” Alex wheeled around and clocked Randall so hard he went back in time to the triassic.  A dinosaur proceeded to step on Randall’s body, pick him up and swallow him whole.  Alex watched from beyond in laughter as he saw his problems disappear down a huge lizard’s throat.  This entire succession of events all took place in front of a class of other students that immediately took off once he punched Randall and saw the portal.  Alex had turned around and recognized just how serious this situation just turned… he soon heard a hiss from behind… 
“Well seems like a good time to to run now” Alex took off without looking back straight out of the school leaving the rest of the students to become prey to whatever would come out of the portal. 
“Squaaaaaaa!”  A crash came from behind Alex as he tore down the hallway shoving others in the hallway out of the way.  The other peers were left to be slaughtered by whatever had followed Alex, and the portal remained open for others to join behind. 
Now Alex believed he had run far enough... as he could be seen by any passerby as just a kid that looked like he had gotten done running a mile, red faced, panting, sweat dripping down his face.  Although when he turned to look back at the school he turned ghost white and immediately forgot about being tired.  What he saw was nothing he could’ve imagined in his wildest dreams.  Glass broken, b
rick walls collapsed, other peers of his running around aimlessly others trying to hide and in between all of this were immense amounts of dinosaurs of all shapes and sizes tearing up the school.  Here and there were green velociraptors screeching and slashing their long claws at anything close enough to them, there were triceratops with their horns that flipped over cars, and then there was a very audible thump.  All of a sudden every single living thing did not move, to Alex it seemed far too surreal as he watched leaves tumble by and the silence enveloped the entire area… which was interrupted by another loud thump that shook the earth.  As Alex peers from behind a tree across the street he sees something peering back at him from another treeline behind the school, an enormous head that stuck out of the treeline slowly came out further.  What was revealed was the king of the dinosaurs, a T-Rex at least 50 ft long.  Unfortunately some may have survived at least another hour but at that moment a girl decided it would be a great idea to scream and took off… she only got about three feet until a raptor slaughtered her and the t-Rex came charging in.  Chaos soon ensued and Alex realised that there was absolutely nothing anyone could do now, so he slipped quietly away and to his home.  He came home dirtied and bloody, with a blank face he opened his family’s door to find the house empty… At least that was what he thought, for he immediately saw that his school and the entire city of dexter had all kinds of news choppers surrounding it.  Headlines read this..
“King from the past takes over local town”  Alex could do nothing but watch in horror as his creation slowly trounced the entirety of Dexter and anything in its way. 
“I created this.  There must be something I can do to stop it.”
“Oh but there is Alex” 
Alex whirled around and saw an extremely surprising spectacle, and that must’ve been something indeed compared to the day he’d already had thus far.  He turned to see a very dark man that seemed ancient and wise resting in his living room, his wrinkles showed on his face; the lines on his forehead from thoughts on the universe, and the permanent dimples from smiling through the eons of hardships.  The man he saw is known as the “ageless man”, Morgan Freeman in the flesh. 
“No fricking way.” Alex stared open-mouthed in awe and disbelief of being in the presence of this legend.
“Alex, you can save your city.  This city needs you.”  He stood up and the whole room seemed to glow in his presence. “There is a power within you that you accidentally discovered, that which you must use to reverse what has happened here.”
“But how is this possible?  I don’t even know what happe…”
“Do not interrupt.  You will know in your heart what you must do when the time is at hand.  There will be no second chances, but I know you will not need one.  There are higher powers at work here, and you will be shown the way.” With that last uttering Freeman faded into the basking glow of his aura and soon the light cascaded and fell away. 
“NO!! Wait please… I have so many questions…”
“You will know what to do when the time is right.”  The ground shook and the voice abated and seemed to float away just as quickly as it had come, to return to some mysterious realm.
“Well crap.”
Alex soon plucked up his courage and started packing for the trek back to the epicenter of all of the destruction.  He searched his house for anything of use, flashlights, knives, food, water, and any sort of large weapon preferably a gun.  He started down towards the basement to find one when he heard a crash.  He quickly darted behind the seat that Freeman had sat only moments before, and it seemed that there was some sort of magic on it for in came a raptor that instantly leapt back out of the house hissing with displeasure.  This quickened Alex’s pace and he eventually did find something downstairs… an entire firearm locker, the goldmine of a survivor.  He quickly geared up and set off to right his wrongs… he never even got to the front door.  
As soon as he started up the stairs he heard a hiss.  To his surprise he didn’t even hesitate to whip out a large shotgun and preemptively shot through the corner of the stairwell and with a crash so ended a raptor’s life.  It had no chance.  Alex soon discovered that someone else was with him, his soul was imbued with the power of rambo.  He soon took off in the direction of the school in a sort of fury that can only come from one with nothing to lose.  He tore left and right through ranks of all kinds of beastly creatures, ones with scales, some with feathers, some screeching, others slashing.  None had more than one second to live as Alex the now empowered warrior raked and blasted his way through anything that would come in his way.
“I’m coming for you!”
At this time the T-Rex, his domain now the school itself, had made his throne out of smashed cars in the crook of the school, so none could surprise him.  Nothing would have been able to prepare him for the sight that came next.. A glow came down from the heavens on the earth leading up to his small kingdom, with one bright spark flashing in it.  Looking closer the flash was a blazing man that fought like a demon, making mincemeat of any reptiles coming anywhere near him, then jumping and soaring to space.  For quite some time he could not be found, until that spark came crashing down to earth making a crater in the T-Rex’s newly formed domain, flattening everything within a hundred feet.  The Rex got up dazed and roared back a challenge.
“RRROOOO..”  and then there was a grenade down his throat.  The great monster turned into a pink mass before it could even finish.  Alex quickly ran up to the portal that remained in the wake of the chaos and punched the portal… and nothing happened. 
“What. No… Maybe if I” Alex kicked the portal and it dissipated.  As this happened the light returned to the heavens and soon all was still.  A short while later the entire area was secured and the dinosaurs were transported to an island called Isla Nebular.  Everything went back to the most normal it could possibly get as Alex became an immortalized hero.


The author's comments:

Inspiration of classmates