Odell | Teen Ink

Odell

April 15, 2016
By evanmaher SILVER, Franklin Lakes, New Jersey
evanmaher SILVER, Franklin Lakes, New Jersey
8 articles 0 photos 0 comments

If I could be someone else for a full year, I would choose pro football player Odell Beckham Jr.  He plays the position of wide receiver for the New York Giants. Being a professional football player is not an easy career but has its rewards.  Odell must train for many hours on a daily basis in order to maintain his physical shape, and be able to play his game to the best of his ability. He is also very famous, and I would like to see how he is able to manage his time, and do everything that he has to accomplish on a daily basis. 
My life right now consists of a routine, which includes going to school, going to practice, doing homework, and finally some time relaxing.  Going from my typical life to a year living Odell Beckham Jr.’s regular life would be significantly different.
To start off, a typical day in the life of Odell Beckham Jr. would begin with a “bababababa” from his alarm clock to wake him up.  Then he would go eat a high calorie breakfast full of nutritional value.  After breakfast, Odell would go to the team practice, which starts at around 7 a.m.  At practice, Odell will have to work on an assortment of speed and catching drills, in order for him to keep improving at playing his position and not just maintaining his usual level of play.  His practice would go on until about eleven or twelve o’clock, depending on how much work the team requires. After practice, there may be a little bit of time for Odell to eat lunch before he heads over to the gym.  Odell would stay at the gym for a couple of hours, and his typical workout would usually consist of a high level of physical exertion, and heavy lifting.  His regular workout would possibly be unmanageable for a less athletic person.  After Odell’s workout, he may go home and have a bit of time to relax.  When he goes home, he would probably grab another high calorie and very nutritious meal, in order for his muscles to be able to heal after all of his exercise.  Once Odell finishes his meal, he will have to move straight on to his next task.  Depending on the season, whether it is football season, or the off-season, Odell may have some free time to be able to relax, or may have something scheduled that he has to attend.
If it is during the football season, Odell may have to attend a team meeting, or have to get on to a plane in order to travel to the game that is going on the next day. 
If this is during the off-season, Odell can go hangout with some team members.  He and these team members may go out and party, or go out and spend some money.  If Odell does not go out with his friends, he might spend some time with his family.  This may consist of him and his family going out to dinner, or just staying in, and spending some quality time together.  Also, Odell will go work at a football or training camp to help kids become better themselves at football, and also help kids get into better shape.  He is an inspiration to these young impressionable minds.  After that, Odell may go watch some recent games from other teams, to analyze their style of play, in order to help him thrive in his position and know the strengths and weaknesses of his opponents.  After this long day, Odell will go to bed at about 10:30 p.m. or 11:00 p.m., in order to be well rested for his early, and tiring day that is coming in just a matter of hours.
He repeats the same steps every day of the year, and is very busy.  I would like to see how hard it is to keep up with his life style, and how hard the training, that he has to endure and go through every single day.  Also, I would like to see what it is like to be as famous as he is for a year, and see how hard it is to deal with people constantly taking pictures, and trying to talk to you.  I envision that it would be an exhilarating experience to walk in his shoes for a period of time.