The end of Battery City | Teen Ink

The end of Battery City

The self-proclaimed “band” Saving the Trash all sleep deprived from last night’s jam session. Laying on the wooden floor of the “singers” (screamer more like it) house. All in a circle around a radio waiting for the sun to crack dawn to hear the babe slaying voice of Dr. D rip through the speakers and tear their hearts out and fill them with the dream of him introducing on of their songs. 
?  “Look alive sunshine,” The radio said in a burst like how the sun burst through the earths crust. “1.0.9 In the sky but the pigs won’t quit! You’re here with me, Dr. Death Deifying, I’ll be your surgeon, your proctor, your helicopter! Bumping out the slaughtermatic sounds to keep you live. A system failure for the masses, anti-matter for the master plan. Louder than god’s revolver twice as shiny. This one’s for all you rock and rollers, all you crash queens and motor babies. Listen up! The future is bulletproof, the aftermath is secondary. It’s time to do it now and do it loud, Killjoys? Make some noise!” ? He screams as the song ‘Na Na Na by My Chemical Romance’ started up.
He was the best radio man EVER he could start a broken down car with his pumped up volumes of awesomeness. With the sun a shining of the bright day the boys laugh at the fact they stayed up all night. Nate, short for Nathen, spoke being the reasonable one of the group of 4 boys. Who had a singer’s voice, strong, and sounds like he’s on a vinyl record. He looks like if Demi Lovato and Selena Gomez had a kid and boom there he was and he had a really larger vocabulary like I could ask him any word and he would define it. I guess being a writer and really good at school and reading can do that for a person but anyways, he spoke of reason from the recliner saying.
  “We have to get some sllleeeepp” he whined yet not doing what he said.
Johnnie half dead on the coach hand in his blue basketball pants that are revisable, the best kind, his semi curly hair all over the place but at the same time it kind of like Ashton Irwin if you was Italian and a lot lighter. Johnnie is lengthy skinny but weirdly strong and buff I guess it’s just the drummers body like I’m not even joking drummers are really skinny yet at the same time so buff and strong like a jack in the box its scars me and lets not even talk about how crazy they are like man.
“Dude, I thought I was dead” he said with a deep throat laugh in a sleep deprived way that cause everyone else in the room to laugh like Mason lee The Guitarist., the main man of the story, laughed with his grouchy morning voice that if it was up to me would be the intro to all the songs cause it’s so good like the crust of pizza and moan of the gods like heaven in his morning voice. He looks like tall lengthy teenager with some pimples but it looks good on him like no one can see him without it. His hair is long and curly that cover his eyes every so but he tucks the curls underneath each other to keep them out. He looks like the Acord brothers from Issues.
“God, Mason, you sound like a busted truck horn.” Said our last but not least member of the band, the bassist, Jake. This man was the all-time Renaissance man like if he was alive back then he would get all the ladies. He did poetry, got freaking all A’s, ate healthy, did yoga, was up for anything, and the world’s best cuddlier. He looked like a better looking James Franco, so you know Dave Franco (just kidding.) You could tell be the he talked that he was smart he had a know-it-all yet James dean voice and his dress was always on point like a classy Zac Efron. He was the one that was dragged into the band by mistake. He thought it would just be a school activity but turned out to be something that involved a cult styled initiation. 
All the members in the band went through the initiation. It’s a trail to see who is really ready to join the best band that will be known to all man… kind. This involved The Bunk Walk where you must walk through the sixteen bunked compacted hallway (the row at target with all the pillows and stuff) cluttered with smelly socks, moldy pizza, and the unseen creatures under the pile of smelt test clothes. Next comes Dumpster Dinner where you must run through the dump to pick up a dinner fit for the rat king, you will have 30 sec. to do so. Finally comes the W.A.F.F.L.E.O test you must prove to the members that Where All Friends, Friends Love Each Other (Thank you Ray Narvaez from achievement hunter for this idea.)
Four in the afternoon rolled around the natural time off wake for the four men. The radio still blasting its sweet harmony with a short interruption from the heavenly voice of dr. d
“How’s it going my street sweepers, dr. d here fishing out some killer tracks for all my children and before letlive takes you on a think trip of a life time, I have some news for you. You know the great producer, guitar rock star and slayer of the song lyrics John Feldmann, well he’ll be here fishing out some young bands with me so if you want to be a radio star and kill the video send in your tracks before the sun down on July 4th, now this is Dreamer’s Disease by Letlive.”
It was like Michael Jacksons thriller and all the zombies got up simultaneously. The once dead on the sofas kids were up and screeching like crazed monkeys about how Mr. fiddlesticks himself is looking to produce a cd for a new on the scene band.
“Oh my god he said fiddlesticks.” Mason said at the edge of fanboying.
It was like a Buddy Rich Drum solo just filled the room. So John Feldmann or Mr. fiddlesticks (because I can never remember his last name.) is probably the most well-known music producer. He has put out albums by D.R.U.G.S (Destroy Rebuild Until God Shows), All Time Low, Black veil Brides, 5SOS, and so many more (those are just the ones I know of and The Used but yeah.) He’s a well-aged man in his 40s now an old time punk like a greaser that got caught in the mosh pit classy but still does what he wants. They bands that have made albums with him have some kind of good review.
In their eyes this was there one idea of true bandism, having Dr. D announce your band is all they could dream of and then hear comes Mr. fiddlesticks who is going help there sound. All they had to do was make a killer song which wasn’t that hard they were lyrical gods with a rhyme of a rapper but the angry and passion of a punk band guitar sounds of those hammer hinting the ground, a bass right in your face with a funk so funky it killed the skunk, and drums with the sounds of john Bonham screaming from the skies above.
“So how and what are we going to write about?” Nate asked with a smug look like he already knew what they were going to write about.
“We need an experiences, WE NEED WARPED TOUR!” mason said with such comic book hero excitement.
“But warped tour isn’t tell the 26th when need to try a lot of things and see what sits the best maybe will have a whole album by the time it comes around.” Jake said always being the smart butt that he is.
“That’s not a bad idea, what would we name it?” Mason said filled with happiness.  The room was quite for a bit while the all thought of a good name some names would be shot out but shoot down saying ‘it would be a better song title’ until Johnnie spoke up with a name
“How about we call it Mainstream Psychoses by Saving the Thrash.” He said
And with that the room exploded with YEAAASSSS GAGA YEAASSSSes and OMG I just jazzed in my pants (jazz as in jizz because you don’t know where it’s going to go.) This was it they felt the need to experience life go and have some crazed adventure.
The band van was a regular red van that you’d see normally with pipes on the top, but you’d never guess that the old red wagon named Beer-Can with the worn out, faded flams was the transportation of the thrash kings. The van had the humming that you’d hear from miles away it was like a motorcycle and you’d think the inside would be the most annoying thing you hear in the band (besides Johnnies rants about how everyone smells) but no it was like the heart beat you’d hear as a baby and your parents would hold you and all you hear was that beat, so basically Vic Fuentes voice.
Now where Beer-Can was taking them was Linkin Park. This park was known for their major raggers on every holiday (no matter what religion (I think they just like to party.)) Drugging the off holidays though they were the nicest park you could go their skate, have a picnic, a day with the kids, or to go on a totally tubular adventure.
“It’s hotter than Satan’s ball sack” Johnnie complained the obvious.
  So I have something to show you guys.” Jake said with a pep in his step head to the woods
Everyone followed him running at first throw the pretty pink flowered fields they’d nick-named strawberry fields, than it turned to ‘just picked flowers’ skipping to a meant to be playful push, to the violent thrashing like an Arch Enemy concert. They’d do this until they reached Jakes little secret that he was so eager about. A old abandoned skate park that had grass and weeds (and I don’t just mean the ones you smoke) growing out of the concrete waves there was a pipe that had moss growing all in and around it so it looked like someone shot a hole through a hill. This is where they’d go when they were younger when they’d skate all day and do stupid thing like shot fireworks from various holes in their body, come up with their best songs and just be kids. Because they knew being 16/17 that they wouldn’t be there much longer they knew they would have to stop seeing spy movies and car movies and stop day dreaming for like a week tell they stop those thoughts to go onto another. There they had no reality, it was there they felt frozen.
“Wow man this was the old skate park we use to say go skate to be like Suicidal Tendencies, I haven’t come here scenes they opened the new Rod Dyrdek one on the other side of the park.” Nate said with nostalgia in his heart but also embarrass from the embarrassing memories like the time he was talking to Stacy the girl that all the bad boys wanted (but they all were chasing after her mother to be honest.) so he was talking to her and wham he was wheeled in his faced by a tony hawk skate board. The last thing he saw was Stacy laughing then walking away, then we came to comfort him saying ‘she doesn’t know that we all just want her mom.’
“This is the place, for my big reveal.” Jake said with his hand in his cargo pants pocket.
   “Hey, I don’t know I haven’t said anything for a while so I’d thought I’d but in for a sec. but keep on please.” Johnnie said like a loser.
Bam next thing you know Jake had five tubes of Mentos and a couple of cokes from BCB (Beer Can Bag) this was the bag that was always in Beer Can they’d keep it in there just in case they’d need something this bag included: Band-Aids (the bandages not the groupies), a pair of black skinny jeans, a camera (just in case of band history) an altogether notebook (nicknamed STTN for Saving The Thrash Notebook (so original)) and last but not least snakes of all kinds.
“What are Mentos are they candy or are they mints?” mason said confused about reality as always.
“I think they started out as mints but now they’re candy that’s like really bad for you or something” Johnnie said not really caring if it’s bad or not.
“So I’ve brought you all here today not just to remorse about past events but to try putting a whole thing of Mentos in a small can of coke and try to hold it down.” Jake states.
  “That’s stupid” Nate says (being a smart butt as always) “but this seems pretty fun but I don’t see the adventure in it”
They all grabbed a bottle and a Mentos stick they all looked at each other.
“Wait we have to tape our adventures, this is band history.” Johnnie said grabbing a camera from the marry Poppins bag of garbage and mystery. And placing it on a tripod next to a old rotting chair.
After it was placed down they all looked at each other and as every band does they wait tell their drummer dose the count down for them to start the show then with a spark johnnie yelled ‘1, 2, 3, 4’ and they all opened they’re cokes and put the hole tube of Mentos down inside then before it exploded they tried to scarf down the lavaus coke foam coming from the volcanoie can. They’d all almost choke and drown from the combination of the coke and there all non-stop laughter. After they’d all calmed down they’d sat there in the grassy concrete waves of the dopiest skate park of their time, they’d stared up at the clouded sky with the not yet orange but pink, baby blueness and the clouds blocked the sky but not this one part where the sun parted the sky like a hand reaching through, cutting the skies.
? Remember the time we first met,
We imagined that we were going far
Even though we’ve just met. ?

The morning bright and sunny like the sun had awoken and smiled to all the little vampires (my Chemical romance.) the boys are in the living room doing some promotion stuff for their band like how they like the tear off things that it’s like “take one” you I think those are tearable because I can never tear the right and they’re always gone when I tear about them. But besides (I found a flyer about a cooking class hah jk jk) ok but for real the boys had been plaining on promoting so that when they’re done with the album (which should just be a song) for the Mr. fiddlesticks contest people will know about the song and contest that’s like advertisement for everyone right.
“Man I never though poster making would take this much work. Ugh” Johnnie said (only making like two.)
“Dude you’ve only made two unlike me.” Pulling his hand back showing his pile of six poster that mason had slave over.
“Come on you guys you can do it.” Jake smiled sitting on a throne of BILLIONS (maybe like 30) posters signed and all over the place.
“When in god’s name did you make all those we started like seconds ago.” Nate said staring in awe and feeling sad about her small neat pile with Johnnie and Mason looking up at the pile and back at theirs in such shame at the bad stick figures.
After they found peace and telling Jake to do something else so they didn’t feel so disappointed by their attempts. It was around six now they were all getting hungry but none like mason (the human vacuum). Like he’s the one who at the party and eats everything instead of socializing and if someone got closed he’d snap.
“Man we should go out and buy some cds or like some pizza and stuff.” Mason said (always being hungry)
“Dude that sounds great but let’s find out the traffic report from the Dr. D’s website.” Nate said opening up the website.
“Bad news from the zone tumbleweeds. It looks like Jet Star and Kobra Kid had a clash with an Exterminator that went all Cost a Rica and uh, got themselves ghosted, dusted out on Route Guano. So it’s time to hit the red line and up thrust the volume out there. Keep your boots tight, keep your gun close and die with your mask on if you got to. Here’s the traffic.”
“Well it looks like we’re not going out today” Nate said finishing up a poster.
“Ughhhhh what do we do we’re oh I know let’s build a blanket fort. LET’S BUILD A BLANKEY FORT.” Mason said like a crazed person.
So they all got together to build up the supper fort a fort mad of the stained bed sheets gross old seats and cartoon blankets that where fought to keep. This fort went from the couch to the door and through the whole house it was like a mole whole you had to crawl to get to the places.
“Ah man this is amazing I can’t believe it took 50 pillows, 30 blankets, and half the tape and staplers in the house.” Said Johnnie egnoagling the fine work they did and amazed by how long it took (so basically 99 words.)
“Yeah dude totally.” Yelled from the other side of the fort “we should do thi-“he stopped mid word it goes quite on the right flank
“Mason, you ok buddy? You haven’t finished what you’re saying.” Nate said mockingly
There in front of mason was the dreaded gross nuclear made bug, the Cockroach, but it was just lying there it couldn’t be alive mason thought unknowing that the guys where calling to him but he was in a trances. He felt the bug staring into his soul lost for words he whispered to his fellow fort dwellers as they approached his quadrants.
“Run” he whispered
“What?!”
“I SAID RUNNNN!!!!” mason screamed crawling backwards like a car in full revers the straight through the twisted tunnels
The other boys looked into the place where mason once was he looked in unknowing of the abomination waiting for its strike. With a quick peak they all looked in to see non other then the cockroach.
“It’s dead” Johnnie said looking at it and rolling his eyes
“It’s not I say it you guy I swear to you don’t get any closer.” Mason said not near the front door while the guys where near the back.
They guys went to go pick it up but then it ran towards them and like whistles they all screamed and ripped there footraces of unpaintable down (well up even though it would be up because they’d get standing up but anyways.) the air was filled with screams like Tyler Carter just stepped into the room with the sounds of fort forever falling in the background the sheets hitting the ground and ripping down the tape and staples that once held up the great city of forttropica.
“Where’d it go man” Jack said
“look out guys it’s like the predator it can hide anywhere it can see anything.” Mason said (being a drama queen.)
The guys stood on table tops and looked down like a news helicopter this chrussh walki-talky noises.
“psh flyer, flyer 182 I see the cockroach, he’s on in bond to the back exit to the back yard. We have to get over there to get and let him out of here *chrush* over.” Nate said keeping everyone informed.
“I hear you load and clear high heli we can get it out of here now ok so  can you make it over there flapy bird *chrushssh* over?’ Johnnie said as a helicopter pilot.
“Um that’s a negative Flyer flyer 182, flapy bird is even staying right where flappy bird is *cruash* over.” This one’s jack.
“Oh wow what a brave man you are flapy bird, I didn’t know you would be such a wimp *chrush* over.”
“Ok if you think that this is such an easy job then why don’t you do it mister 182 *CURUSHHHSHSH* OVER.”
“ok watch me I’ll do it then, I’ll be the strong man in this story the hero you hear that heroin *chush* over.”
“Have fun with that 182, *CHRUSH* all units Flyer, Flyer 182 is going in bound to the portal and letting the thing outside *chrush* over.”
Johnnie walked over to where the bug was, he's normally the one to go up  against the evil things that crawl into our house so we didn't think it be that bad but if you saw this thing it was the really Papa Roach it was like the size of my hand. He made it over to the door the bug was right under him.
"Come on, man let him out of here." Jack yelled form the safety of the kitchen counter.
"Shut up, this is stressful as is so… Shut up." Johnnie said from the doorway
The room was quite as the door handle made a silent creaking. The door swung open and screaming as he tried to get the papa roach out he yanked a fallen blanket and started to wave it so it would push him out of the door. the bug tried to fight the blast to the face of food filled dust and the stank of the boys house it was crawling through the blanket dust monsoon it was the most powerful, and inspiring thing to see just this little bug fighting such a powerful blow but no matter how strong and inspiring it is that thing is not staying in this house. The final wosh and the bug was out of the house the poor thing went flying out of the house and into the wonderful world of the outside. There was peace at last in the house of the rising sun.
"Now let’s clean up this place." Nate said and ughs filled the air but at the last moment they all shared a family laugh and a Yeah like the end of a bad/great 90s show. 

The radio snapped on with Dr. D telling some info about the outside world.
“how you doing out there Bomb shells, Its pretty nuclear in this Manic mad house, but I’m thinking heading down to Sublime Shallow waters and you all can find me there if you want to hang ten with me Dr. D come on down were all the sea creatures be and come chill on Betray City’s finest beach. See you there. Now Live Fast Die Young by Circle Jerks.”
"Dude, we have to go to the beach today Dr. Mother F'en D is there we have to make it. come on we can send in all the songs we've been working on and show the world our talents to the world and have them be all like 'wow so brutal' should we go ah!" mason said with fangirling like no one’s business.
The guys started to have their silent fan moment when it’s just so much you can' even scream you just wave your arms like a spaz and wiggle like a warm.
"Get ready every one we're going to the beach today." Nate said like a leader of the band (which singers always think they are.)
They packed up Beer Can and headed to the Sublime shallow shores they had all the things needed for the amazing trip, but they notice a few weird thing on the roads. as normal the main corporations had people at every stop but this was different they had there vampires out to day (the vampires are the people who scoop up random people mostly punk rockers and brain wash them to become a vampire and work for the corporations It's not like we're scared of them but after the great music wars the world feel into the who has better management and those managements started the corporations to get the people into their mainstream music so they normally leave the popular people alone but the will come after kids like us. That’s why people like Dr. Death Defying and Mr. Fidel Sticks are so important to us they go against the system and produce the most Bonkers songs ever and dr. d does his thing with putting out the songs that people have put out before being vampired like Austin Carlile or Jeremy McKinnon they were a few of our music friends we say them live that's when the vampire nation attacked. That was the last time people heard from them they turned, but whatever we said we promised that each other that the music of corporations won't get use that we will rule out and be the kids of yesterday.
"Man, can you believe that under those mask could be cobra kid or jet star like that blows my mind they've changed them, man f*** the corporations." Mason said in the most punk rock way.
"I feel the same why man but what is there to do about them." Johnnie said in a beat down voices.
"I know what to do you know those amazing songs we made, the songs that have all elements of rock n roll to heavy metal with even a little jazz just to get the people going we have an album, a mixtape, an Ep for the centuries. We can make people think we can make the vampires rise with the sun and bring down the corporations like goliath." Jake said he always gives great pep talks. The boys agreed that they will bring the sun to meet the vampires and play there song on all radio stations the world will change soon they thought the world will change.
On the way to the beach there was a sing that had an amazing photo of Travis Barker a ledge who fought off the vampire to save a few kids but they took him the picture was taken by the alien Elmakias, he flies down every once and awhile to take a few pictures to show to his fellow friends (the photograghians are big music fans who all now how to be happy there fun to talk to.) the billboard read 'can't be caged' it makes you think something as free as the wild drummer can become one of them a fallen man who saved them from the corporations. Life is corrupted in battery city and its a world where you can't look, be, or even smell like how you want to without being fought for your freedom. This world is run by what the big bad polluted factories but not for long not while The Thrash is in town. When they got to the beach it was scattered with vampires I guess they heard the noise that all the punkest of people would be here so they’d try and get a few new vamps. Luckcaly they didn’t know the little lingo that the Doctor and us had he’d told us to meet at the finest beach and then called us shell bombs which could only mean to meat at dookie lake this lake was once so gurguse people said it was where gods once bathed, but after the music war it was trashed it was now a lake of empty bomb shells and parts of hand grenades and there was one atom bomb still active to this day but it keep the lake warm so no one complains and to get to the lake you had to play the key notes that brings any one to a sad silence the opening to the black parade.

Tell me if you want more :D