The New Heroes (Part 7) | Teen Ink

The New Heroes (Part 7)

December 11, 2013
By SpawnofNerdom GOLD, Moore, Oklahoma
SpawnofNerdom GOLD, Moore, Oklahoma
10 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
How's it goin bro?


Helicarrier
The wind whipped around the room furiously as Baron Zemo, the Ringmaster, and Mecha-Man sepped of the helicopter. Cap saw Alex lunge for the Ringmaster, and tackled her. Zemo went for Cap, and the Mecha just stood there, obviously not trained for hand-to-hand combat. Then, while dodging Zemo's sword, he saw Alex give a sight nod to the Mecha. "Let's finish this!" he yelled. Alex jumped off the Ringmaster as he picked her up and threw her. "No!" Alex yelled. She caught the Ringmaster, but was now dangling, holding onto the floor for dear life as the wind threatened to snatch them away. Crap, Cap thought. Only half of Alex was in the Helicarrier; her torso was unable to be seen. She's slipping, Cap noticed. She was only holding on by the claws in her feet now, which were bigger than a normal persons. He couldn't help her though. He was too caught up with Zemo. Damn... Mecha-Man ran for Alex, just as she slipped out, Ringmaster in hand. "NO!" Mecha-Man yelled. "Doesn't that suit of yours have rockets?!" Cap shouted over the howling of the wind. He shook his head no. Alex couldn't fly, either. Her wings had been crushed. Great, Cap thought. Just great.

Alex
Under normal circumstances, she would have just dove a little, not even caring if she had been knocked out into the sky. Unfortunately, these were not normal circumstances. Her wings were broken, and she and her so-called mentor were falling to their deaths.
To her dismay, she had to also fight her while they falling to their deaths. An that...Was easier said than done. Luckily for her, she did have some sky training with Angel when they visited the X-Men. They were punching and kicking as much as they could. Ringmaster couldn't...no...Wouldn’t stop thrashing around for Alex to land a good punch. Then she had an idea. They were falling fast, and yes, her wings were broken, but she could probably make this work. “STOP THRASHING AROUND!” Alex screamed. He barely heard herself, but luckily, she did stop. She grabbed the Ringmaster’s arms one at a time, pulled them behind her back, and held onto the wrists. To a normal person, they looked like they were skydiving, with Alex on top. They came closer and closer to the ground and cars. 100 meters…90… When they were about 20 meters (roughly) above the ground, then unfurled her wings. It hurt-a lot. This was probably one of the most painful things she had ever gone through, and that was saying something. It wasn’t any pretty graceful landing. The wings did however, slow them down enough o where they didn’t go SPLAT on the pavement. Instead, they crash-landed into some cars and skidded to a halt, but only after going through the window of a small deli. The cashier screamed. Ringmaster was unconscious, thank God. Stark would have her head if she let her…never mind. Alex groaned. “…Sorry…about your…Window…” The cashier, who had blonde hair and really high heels, opened the cash register, and threw the money at her. “We d-don’t want any t-trouble. J-just take it and go!” she yelled. “Listen…I don’t want your money…this was all a big accident…” Alex just noticed the alarms going off, and limped out the door with Ringmaster over her shoulder. Luckily, Avengers HQ was just a couple of blocks away. She coughed into her hand, and noticed little specks of red. Damn…

Iron Man
When he and Carol (Ms. Marvel) got to the Helicarrier, it was chaos, but also, it was somehow orderly. Director Hill, who had light brown skin, brown hair, and brown eyes, showed him the way to the Alex’s new room. “What happened here?” Ms. Marvel asked. Hill looked grim. “The Masters of Evil. Baron Zemo, some hydra, a guy in a low cut version of your armor, and a woman dressed like she belongs in a circus.”
When they stepped into the room, Zemo was gone, Ringmaster was gone, Armor Man was on his knees…crying? People from the organization, Hydra, littered the floor. “Cut off…one head and… two more will…take its place…” one of them said. “if that got old in World War II, then I’m pretty sure it’s still old now,” said Ms. M. There wasn’t as much wind, thanks to the repair crew. About eighty percent of the hole was covered. Cap was sitting down in the corner, his head hanging down, and his hands over his head. “Wait…” said Iron Man, “…Where’s Alex?” Cap looked up, and pulled his mask off. He looked at Toni, then at the hole. “She…tried saving Ringmaster and…fell…” Steve said. He looked tired and worn. Toni couldn’t help feeling sorry for the old man. He’d seen enough death already.
Alex
When she got to HQ, she was worn out. Hardly anyone was there. Probably on clean up, she thought. Cap had told her she’d been out for almost a week. This place almost felt like home to her, and she was glad to be back. “Alex?” She whirled around to see Mr. Fantastic with the Thing behind him. “Hi Reed. Hi Ben. Been a while…” she trailed off. She didn’t really know what to say. ‘Hey, I just crash landed while trying to save my arch nemesis, and had money thrown at me. Oh, by the way, Cap might be hurt, we were fighting the Masters of Evil on the Helicarrier in case you haven’t noticed.’ With her, it was just one complicated thing after another.
“Who’s that?” Ben (Thing) asked. “This,” Alex said, putting the awakening Ringmaster down on the floor, “Is the person who made our lives a living Hell. Can I borrow your cell real quick?” She tried calling Cap, but no one answered. “Who are you calling?”
“Steve. He should be on the Helicarrier.”
“Try Toni. He should be there by now, along with Carol.” She did, and thankfully, he picked up. “Reed, I can’t talk right now,” he said. “I’m not Reed.” “Alex?! I thought you died! Where are you?” He sounded relieved. “I’m with Reed and Ben at HQ. Is Steve okay?” “Now he is. Anyway, go down to my workshop. I have a surprise for you,” Toni said. “O…kay?” The line went dead. She coughed again. Each time, there were more specks of blood. She wiped I on her shirt, which was now filthy. “I’m gonna change,” she said. “What about your injuries? You might have some broken-“ “It’s fine. They put traces of adamantium in my bones when I was made. They should have done the same to my wings, though.” They just looked at her. “It’s not exactly like Wolverine,” she said. With that, she was gone.
Captain America
Cap, Toni, and Carol were interrogating the now stripped Mecha-Man. “What’s your name?” asked Carol. In some ways, she could be really scary. Okay, A LOT of ways, and it finally came in handy. Cap studied him as he spoke. “My name is Jason Embers. I was former F.B.I.” Jason had dirty blonde hair, the same shade of Ed and Alex’s. He was well built, and had an O.K. tan. He also had their hard green eyes. In his eyes, he saw anger and sadness. “Then why were you with them. Why go traitor?” Ms. M asked. “I didn’t…well- I did…it’s kind of hard to explain. I was on a classified mission with my wife. She and I were going undercover to catch the Ringmaster, or Nancy Anderson. Anyway, she was thought to be just a drug dealer. Then we learned about her hidden agenda. I was about to contact HQ when we got caught. I was a sniper, and head detective. She was a medic and weapons expert.” He paused, thinking back to that mission. “Then what?” Toni asked.
“Then, as I said before, we got caught. I had woken up to my wife screaming. She…was tortured…and killed. When I demanded why, Ringmasters only reply was, ‘She was weak, and therefore useless.’ After I myself was tortured after refusing to help them, I was brainwashed and had my memory wiped. However, I later learned that she used my wife’s and my DNA to make Alex and Ed. Then, a few months ago, when the Doombot crashed through the ceiling, we ran with Alex in tow. We fought on the plane, and she hit me upside the head with a fire extinguisher. I’m sure you can piece together what happened afterwards.” They were silent for a long time. “Here he is!” Toni yelled. “Did you seriously just look him up on the F.B.I.’S database?” asked Cap. “Yeah, and his story matches up pretty well, too. And I also think I know why I had the lovely experience of seeing a grown man cry.” What are you up to now, Cap thought. “Yeah, I mean, she is biologically my kid. In fact, before she did that, I contacted her about it. She didn’t know about all the details I gave you. She just knew I was willing to help her.” Carol laughed. “Knowing her, I bet she gave you the best ass wooping of your life!” He patted his ribs. “My ribs are still a little bruised, to be honest.”

Alex
She was in Shell-Head’s workshop now. On one of the many tables, there was a box with her name on it. After cutting the tape, she was attacked by Styrofoam. Stupid fur, she thought. Once she started digging through it, it wasn’t hard to find the big metal pieces. The first piece was round. It sort of sunk in, like a moat around a castle. There was a piece sticking out (that part acted as the castle, as used in the simile above). She set it down on the table and kept digging. It was at the very bottom. It felt long and sturdy. She couldn’t believe what she saw when she pulled it out. It was a new arm.
Jason/Mecha-Man
“What do you mean you didn’t know?!” Ms. Marvel was shouting at him. He had never been contacted about the Midtown High shooting, or the bombing of Riker’s. “Witnesses saw you at the school, leaving with Ed,” Cap said. “I have tapes,” Toni said. There was a knock on the door. “What’s the password?” Toni asked. “Hill sent me with a polygraph…” Cap shrugged. He said the exact same thing, and the polygraph showed no erratic heart beats. “Then how were you with them, if you weren’t with them?” Jason looked distraught. “I’m just as confused as you about that…” Cap nodded. He really believed he they were done, and he had no idea how it was possible. “We’re done here. There should be two S.H.I.E.L.D. agents to show you to your cell.”
Later
Cap, Toni, Ms. Marvel, and Director Hill were in her office discussing the matter. Cap rubbed the tired out of his face. He hadn’t had any good sleep since the Midtown Shooting. Then it came to him-it could have been a clone. It was actually very possible. He had his own, after all. “A clone.” He stated. Iron Man face palmed. “Of course!” Then Hill stepped in. “Yeah, and he could also be tricking the polygraph.” “I don’t think he was lying. I could see it in his eyes…” Cap said. Hill looked really mad now. “I don’t care about what color his eyes were,” she snapped. “I will keep digging until I find out the truth, and if he is lying, I will make sure he never gets to see daylight ever again.”