Games Of Illusions: Chapter 2 "A Surprise Awakening" | Teen Ink

Games Of Illusions: Chapter 2 "A Surprise Awakening"

By Lilpoetryespeon SILVER, Paso Robles, California
Lilpoetryespeon SILVER, Paso Robles, California

-Kaleb-
Hearing her talk like that to herself made my heart shatter. Eavesdropping was always awkward, but this was way too far. I decided that a very convincing and concerned tone maybe could reveal something hidden, “Hey, Sarah? Are you okay? It’s been half an hour. Who are you talking to anyways? We need to get going...remember we agreed today are going out for breakfast.”

-Illusion-
I abruptly bluffed and gave a mischievous smirk towards the child locked in the mirror, “Uhmm yeah…I’ll be right out.” Perfect!! A chances open right before my eyes! I was very relieved that nothing had been spilled from our retorts. I continued, “You see, Serena, you’ll live as me, and vice versa! For I am: a mirror of your truth. Nothing can stop me.”

She dragged her hands upon the mirror and scratches it as if she can touch me, “You can’t take MY LIFE! In the end you know, only one truth prevails!”

I heaved a pitiful sigh, “ NOW WHO, do think you are?! I've come to straighten some things up a bit…”

Then emotions rippled through her entire body until everything came to a blur, even dimensions collided. She punched me hastily several time. Before I knew it, I spun out of control and balance caught me off guard. I fell from the counter onto the floor almost knocked unconscious. Focusing everything I had, I recapped the dimensions again caging the beast behind bars. Everything suddenly blacked out…

-Kaleb-

I heard an unmistakable THUD that created an earthquake underneath my feet. SERENA!!! I knew what had happened, she had been prone to too many things of chaos. Clumsy… definitely. But that’s a reason why I am her best friend.I wouldn't let any thing happen to her, no matter how many times life seems to take a hard hit. The reason I chose to protect her is that she manages to always prove to push through it with a brilliant smile. Although, I have seen her in the most awful emotional states. That’s why I will always protect her. No one should go through pain like that without a shoulder to lean on, which she wasn't used to. As I ran into the bathroom I expected to find her laughing hysterically on the floor like a fool. I was wrong, she was lying across the floor ghost pale, maybe even faint marks of blue around her face. At that point, I already called the ambulance!!!

I re-posted it under fanfiction so it is easier to find. If you haven't read the first chapter “Beginning Lead to Ends” then please read it first because I left off in a weird spot so IT WILL NOT MAKE SENSE!