There's Only Hello | Teen Ink

There's Only Hello

October 17, 2013
By cityofglasshearts BRONZE, Lewisville, Texas
cityofglasshearts BRONZE, Lewisville, Texas
3 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Being fearless ins't the point; that's impossible. It's learning how to control your fear and how to be free from it." -Divergent, Four


“Can we fall one more time; stop the tape and rewind?”
-Gotta Be You, One Direction
???
There are some days where you wish you could take everything back, rewind. You want to take back all the rain, the dark skies, the cloudy days, but you can’t. It’s all in the past. It’s gone. There are no more memories to replay. There are no more sunny days to watch pass by; it’s all just darkness and shadows.
???

Sometimes, you lose the ones you love the most. Your closest friends are dead and gone. Your family members disappear into the dust. And all you can do is blame yourself. You feel guilty for the time you didn’t spend, for the words you didn’t speak. You’re suddenly the bad guy, here to take the blame.

And you want to take it all back. You want to take back every tear you made them shed, every argument and insult you yelled. You want to bring them back and hug them. Tell them you love them. But that’s not how life works. You live, you die, the end. There’s no in-between. It’s not a “circle of life”, it’s a line and you can’t change that. You have to learn to accept that fact that they won’t be back. They’re gone and will be forever.

You want to be able to say good-bye. But you don’t really think there’s a good way to say good-bye, though, do you?
There’s only hello.

Good-bye holds a promise of never seeing each other again, of being separated by one thing that you can’t reverse: death. Good-bye will brim your eyes with tears. Good-bye won’t change anything. They’ll still be gone by the time you turn around to see if they’re even there. And they won’t be. They won’t be standing in the spot you just left them. They’ll be gone. Just like they were before you gave them one last wave.


The author's comments:
This is a set piece about Max Lightwood's death in the TMI series by Cassandra Clare