Facing The Champion

I stand. I take a deep breath. All my incessant work, training like a zealot has led up to this moment. All around me, light blue fires surround the massive statue in front of me. After so many unfortunate trips to the Unovan Elite Four, I'm still not sure what it was supposed to be. Another deep breath. In, out. I walk forward and touch the plaque on the statue's pedestal.
Immediately, the ground underneath me shudders. The circle that the statue and I stand on starts sinking down, down, down into the bowels of the earth. I find myself in a tunnel. Ahead of me is a stone staircase about 300 yards long. I climb the stairs slowly, steadily, bravely. I stop before the massive Greek-style building at the top and take another deep breath. Aloud, I mutter "Let's do this," and, almost capriciously, run into it.
There, I see an impossibly high statue of a Dragon-type Pokemon, a picture depicting the orbiting planets, and the champion of the Unova region, Iris. She asks, "Are you ready?" I take one last deep breath, look back, and say, "Yes. I am." We take our starting positions and begin our battle.

Willflower-_-This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
today at 6:59 pm:
We should do a huge RP sometime. Pokemon obviously.

DJ_Fox replied...
today at 8:47 pm :
Yeah, I agree!

DJ_Fox replied...
today at 9:11 pm :
I'm working on a novel that includes this story as a chapter. Can't wait until it's released. P.S. Do they publish novels or post it on the website and magazine?