Sarah in Wonderland | Teen Ink

Sarah in Wonderland

By Skyfire12 BRONZE, Coventry, Rhode Island, Rhode Island
Skyfire12 BRONZE, Coventry, Rhode Island, Rhode Island

"Who do i look up to? The one's that are taller then me."

That night, Sarah dreamed that she saw Bunny in a suite and was looking at a pocket watch. “Excuse me.” She said and he looked at her. “I’m late, I’m really late.” He said and he ran off. “Hey!” she said and she followed him. He tapped the ground and a hole appeared and he left down it. “Come back! I have to know where I am.’ She said staring down the hole. She leaned to close and she fell down it. When she woke up, she was in a place that had plants that glowed in the moonlight and flowers that sound like bells when they were touched. “Wow.” She said and she heard a whistle and saw that it was bunny leaning against a tree. “Follow me.” He said and left, but she was right behind him. Soon, she lost him and she pushed a plant out of her face and saw the Sandman sitting on a tree stump with cat ears and a matching tail. He smiled when he saw her and she approached him. “Excuse me, can you tell me where I can find the rabbit?” she asked and she saw an image of Bunny looking at his pocket watch next to a giant carrot in sand. “Thanks.” She said and he vanished, the last to leave was his smile. She left by going down a path and when she stepped on something, a bunch of butterflies blocked her view and when they cleared, she saw Pitch relaxing on a mushroom. He had a tall hat on his head with an 8/10 sign on the side and a suite on his body. “Have you come for tea?” he asked. “What?” she asked and he stretched out his arm to show her a table with a wide spread on it. “Okay, this is getting really weird.” She said turning to leave, but he appeared in front of her. “Just stay for one cup?” he asked and she backed up. “N-No thanks.” She told him and he looked over her shoulder. “Hatter, your tricks are over.” Tooth said flying to him. “Wait, like the mad hatter?” Sarah asked and a grip went on her shoulder and she saw that it was Bunny. “Come on.” He said pulling her away from them and they left. She tried following him, but she lost sight of him a couple of times until she found him and brought him to the ground. He smiled and he turned into sandy, the real Bunny popping his head out of a bush and running off. Soon, they were at his burrow and Sarah sat on a root. “So, where am I?” she asked. “You haven’t figured it out yet? You’re in wonderland.” He said. “Wonderland?” she asked and they left his home and they went outside.
“See?” he asked hopping on top of a tree branch and looking down at her. “But, why am I here?” she asked and a grin appeared next to Bunny and he fell off the branch in shock into a bush. Sarah tried holding back a laugh at the sight the Pooka was in. “Oh shut up.” He said getting out and shaking his suite. “If I’m in wonderland, how did I get here?” she asked and she saw an image of her going down the rabbit hole in sand, thanks to Sandy. “Oh yeah, that.” She said remembering. They stayed there until it got dark and baby tooth found them with a rolled up piece of parchment. She looked like a human wearing a light green kimono, but had transparent, light pink wings. Bunny took it and read it over. “Got it. Tell her were on our way.” He said and she saluted him before flying off. “What was that about?” Sarah asked. “No time to explain, there on their way.” He said and they saw some nightmares. They ran away from them and soon, they hid in some bushes as they went by. Sarah was about to say something when something grabbed them and pulled them back just as the bush was trampled by a nightmare. “The heck was that for?” Sarah asked and I stared down at her. “Fine, let them kill you guys.” I said.

I loved the story of Alice in wonderland and i wanted to put a twist to it.