The Beginning of a New World | Teen Ink

The Beginning of a New World

By Prince_Celestia BRONZE, Burien, Washington
Prince_Celestia BRONZE, Burien, Washington

"The fact that I'm not there should make you sad."
-Prince Celestia

On the eleventh of March 2015 China, Japan, North Korea, and South Korea joined together to from one massive community. One year later a government called the Triad if formed after one of the many street gangs in Hong Kong, and finally on the tenth of February 2016 the Triad lunch nuclear missiles to Russia, England, most of Europe, and America. But my story doesn’t start here; it starts in Germany on my twenty-second birthday in the year of 2033.

Happy birthday Daniel, my friends cheered. I smiling looked up at my friend Artyom. Late, the one thing he wasn’t good at but loved doing.
“Happy birthday, Herr Weber”
“Artyom your Russian, you don’t need to use proper German pronunciation”
“I know, I just don’t want to offend anyone”
That got George to laugh, but that wasn’t a surprise; it was easy to get him to laugh. George walked up to me and grabbed an M.G. 36 off a weapon rack and handed it to me. Most people would think it weird to have a birthday in a weapon armory, but we worked here so it was only right.
“The boss said you get a free gun, on the house.” George exclaimed.
“And the boss said he was sorry the he couldn’t make it.” Albert said.

Artyom handed my two 7.62 mags, and four M.G. 36 mags. I asked what the A.K mags are for and he said that they were match grade rounds and that they are good currency. Albert handed me a new model of the gas mask and four new filters. Then he gave me a digital watch.
“What’s this” I asked “I already have a filter watch”
“It’s the mew digital model” Artyom started.
“Yeah, and we all pitched in to get it” Albert said.
“Even the boss threw in a few extra bullets” George added.

I stood feeling a little sad about what I was going to announce. I announced that I’m going to Berlin because I got word that my mother might still be alive. We ended the celebration and returned to you quarters. I began packing my weapons, my new M.G. 36 and the Bastard gun. The Bastard gun was a hoard gun, but I got it for free and it came with a gas mask so I took it. I packed food, a military pack of syringes, and my gas masks and filters. I packed more than one gas mask because the mutants like to jump on people. I got everything ready to start the trip tomorrow.

This was inspired by the game "Metro 2033" this will be a series of short and I really don't know how long it will be.