An Impossible Choice | Teen Ink

An Impossible Choice

February 25, 2012
By XxmickeyTxX PLATINUM, PITTSBURG, California
XxmickeyTxX PLATINUM, PITTSBURG, California
23 articles 0 photos 3 comments

Favorite Quote:
"All that we see or seem, is but a dream within a dream."
"Just because her eyes don't tear doesn't mean her heart doesn't cry. And just because she comes off strong, doesn't mean there's nothing wrong."


Everyone watched as the Volterra castle burned before them. They heard the screams of a young child and a man inside, but they were too scared to do anything…to scared to try and save them. They all gasped in shock as one woman ran blindly past them, her brown hair flowing freely behind her. People tried to grab her to pull her back, but their strength was no match for her newborn strength.

As she entered the burning castle her lungs and eyes were met by thick, black smoke. She kept coughing as she entered deeper and deeper into the castle, her red eyes searching for two things. She searched through the fire and realized that they were both on opposite ends of the castle; she would only have time to save one of them.

She stood in the fire and smoke, stumped. Her mind was conflicted with the choice she faced; save her flesh and blood, or save the love of her life. As she watched pieces of wood fall in front of her face, she knew what she had to do.

She ran as fast as she could to the west end of the castle, dodging wood as she tried to reach him. When she saw him he was struggling under a pile of fire and ruble. His copper hair singed as he reached out for anything. She grabbed his hand and pulled with all her might; she could feel him tense under her touch. He staggered before her, his eyes frazzled.

"Bella…." She nodded her head and pushed him forward, he turned to her frightened.

"Bella I am not going to leave you in this…"

She brushed his cheek gently, "I'll be right behind you…please…"

He went against his better judgment and did as she said; he had learned to trust her judgment a while ago.

She sighed as he disappeared into fire; she hated lying to him. She knew she wouldn't be right behind him, she wasn't finished here yet.

She ran to the other side of the castle until she saw her little body struggling under the ruble. She gently pulled the little one out, cradling her to her chest.

"Momma…" She didn't say anything, she just ran toward the exit. She knew it was pointless though, she wouldn't make it either way.

As the light of the outside came into view she collapsed in exhaustion, the girl rolling away from her.

"Momma….!" The little one said, trying to reach her. She shook her head causing the girl to stop, "No…go on…"

Tears fell down the girls face, "But momma-"

"Sweetheart, GO. Momma will be fine; go to your father," the girl started to respond but she cut her off again, "NOW."

She watched as the girl disappeared into the fire, just as the man did. She listened to her hard flesh burn with a content smile on her face. She didn't care that she was going to die. All she cared about was that those two were safe…

.

.

.

.



.

.

.

.



.

.

.

.

She coughed and heaved on the floor. She didn't understand….she was supposed to be dead…

Two bodies collided with her, both shaking from sobs, "Edward…..Renesmee….."

They pulled back with looks of sadness and relief on their faces, "Isabella Marie Cullen…what on earth were you thinking…"

She smiled and brushed his cheek gently. She looked back and forth between their faces and smiled again, content with her decision, "I'm sorry Edward….but it was an impossible choice…and if I had to do it again I would….in a non-existent heartbeat."

The author's comments:
Here's the summery for this story, "Edward and Renesmee are dying but Bella only has time to save one of them. Who will she choice? -all vamp- " It's Bella (from The Twilight Saga) fan-fic.