Captain N: Issue #4 | Teen Ink

Captain N: Issue #4

By The_Earl_of_Zerces PLATINUM, Waukesha, Wisconsin
The_Earl_of_Zerces PLATINUM, Waukesha, Wisconsin

"Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar."
-Sigmund Freud

Issue #4
Page 1
Panel 1
1.
Full-Page shot of Cruise Elroy flying through the sky, laughing maniacally.
Cruise Elroy
“Free! Hahaha, free at last!”
Page 2
Panel 1
1.
Cruise Elroy is monologuing as he flies.
Cruise Elroy
“Hahaha! How long has it been; months, years, centuries? No matter, even though this whole world is charred and dead, Pac-Man still lives! That is something I simply cannot abide.
Panel 2
2.
Still monologuing.
Cruise Elroy
“The only reason I still live is because he does! Only when he is dead can I go on!”
Panel 3
3.
Still monologuing.
Cruise Elroy
“Yes, I shall activate the World-Breaker, the magic sigil that will destroy Arcadia, and Pac-Man with it, and then when I have absorbed every last ounce of power, I shall fly out into space, and finally know peace.”
Panel 4
4.
Still monologuing, but now he’s hovering in place instead of flying in a certain direction.
Cruise Elroy
“Yes! It’s all so-“
Panel 5
5.
Cruise Elroy has just been hit by the full brunt of the Galaxian.
6.
SFX: “Wham!”
Cruise Elroy
“Oof!”
Page 3
Panel 1
1.
Show Lana and the N-Team rocked off of their feet due to the impact of Cruise Elroy. The room that they’re in is where the exit is, near the back of the ship between the engines.
2.
SFX: “Rumble!”
Lana
“Ah!”
Panel 2
3.
Simon has caught Lana and Mega Man and Pit have steadied themselves.
Lana
“Oh, thank you, Simon.”
Panel 3
4.
Lana is looking up to the ceiling, annoyed.
Lana
“NES, what was that?”
NES
“Gee, NES, thank you for stopping the big, evil, flying guy that was about to do something evil.”
Panel 4
5.
Lana and everyone else are surprised.
Lana
“What?”
NES
“You might wanna strap yourselves in, kiddies…”
Panel 5
6.
Show the Galaxian and a P.O.’d Cruise Elroy heading straight for one another.
7.
Text-Box: “This might get bumpy.”
Page 4
Panel 1
1.
Back to Pac-Man and Kevin. They’re very scared, and worried about Max, but are still determined heroes.
Kevin
“Pac-Man, can you ‘distract’ that huge gorilla long enough for me to go over to-“
Pac-Man
“Way ahead of you, Kevin, and yes, I think I can.”
Panel 2
2.
Show Donkey Kong inching closer towards Kevin and Pac-Man.
Kevin
“Okay then, on the count of three…”
Panel 3
3.
DK is getting closer, and he looks nasty.
Kevin
“One, two…”
Unknown voice
“Restoration!”
Panel 4
4.
A giant energy blast comes out of the ground and hits Donkey Kong. DK screams in pain.
5.
SFX: “ZAP!”
6.
SFX: “SKREEEEE!”
Panel 5
7.
Kevin and Pac-Man look to where the blast came from, confusion etched on their faces.
Panel 6
8.
Show a Max with a smug grin on his face and a smoking blaster in his hand.
Max
“Hehe, I’m not out just yet.”
Page 5
Panel 1
1.
Kevin and Pac-Man are very relieved, and rush over to Max. Max tries to sit up, but he’s lost a lot of blood. Max makes his blaster shrink down to the size of a very small box by saying “restoration”.
Max
“Stupid monkey. Restoration.”
Panel 2
2.
Show a fist hitting Max on the top of the head.
3.
SFX: “Bop!”
Max
“Ow!”
Panel 3
4.
Max and Kevin are arguing again, and Pac-Man is just relieved to see that Max is well enough to yell at Kevin.
Max
“What was that for?!?”
Kevin
“Idiot! We thought you were dead!”
Panel 4
5.
Max is putting pressure on his wound.
Max
“’Enh’ well that just might happen if you keep on hitting me like that. I’ve got an open wound here!”
Panel 5
6.
Kevin takes off his jacket to wrap up Max’s wound. Kevin looks relieved.
Kevin
“Heh, idiot. You know-“
Max
“What?”
Panel 6
7.
Kevin has a question.
Kevin
“I just remembered, I- we never got your name.”
Page 6
Panel 1
1.
Max is surprised.
Panel 2
2.
Then he smiles.
Max
“My name is Max.”
Panel 3
3.
Kevin gives Max a strange look. Max yells at Kevin.
Kevin
“Max? That’s a really stupid name.”
Max
“Shut up! I’d like to see you come up with something better!”
Panel 4
4.
Blood gushes out of Max for comedic effect. Max faints. Kevin is shocked and covers his mouth.
5.
SFX: “Gussshhhhhh”
Panel 5
6.
Pac-Man is standing in front of Kevin and Max, suddenly on guard. Kevin looks to see what’s got Pac-Man so wary.
Pac-Man
“Guys!?!”
Kevin
“What?”
Panel 6
7.
Show Donkey Kong getting back up and Pac-Man turning back to Kevin and Max.
Pac-Man
“The monkey’s getting back up!”
Page 7
Panel 1
1.
Cruise Elroy and NES are duking it out in the sky with energy blasts from their wings or blasters.
Cruise Elroy
“What manner of creature are you?”
NES
“I’m a space-ship, you idiot! What the heck are you!?!”
Panel 2
2.
Close-Up of Cruise Elroy fighting.
Cruise Elroy
“I am Cruise Elroy! More than that, I am your death! I am your master! I am your god!”
Panel 3
3.
Close-Up of NES fighting.
NES
“You talk too much.”
Panel 4
4.
Cruise Elroy brushes off NES’s blasts easily.
Cruise Elroy
“Ha! Is that all you have, contraption? I hardly felt that!”
Panel 5
5.
NES has stopped firing.
NES
“Idiot. Those weren’t salvos I fired…”
Panel 6
6.
Close-Up of Cruise Elroy’s shocked face.
NES
“They were power-dampeners.”
Page 8
Panel 1
1.
Show Cruise Elroy being electrified.
2.
SFX: “Zzzzzaxxx!”
Panel 2
3.
Now Cruise Elroy is falling back to the ground.
Panel 3
4.
NES is flying away.
NES
“Well, that was…quite easy, actually. Good riddance.”
Panel 4
5.
Suddenly Cruise Elroy swoops back up and slams into NES.
Cruise Elroy
“NO! I won’t be defeated that easily! Do you hear me, contraption, do you hear me!?!”
Page 9
Panel 1
1.
Pac-Man looks determined as he stands between Donkey Kong and Kevin.
Pac-Man
“Get Max to safety. I’ll handle this.”
Panel 2
2.
Kevin picks up Max and turns back to Pac-Man worriedly. Pac-Man smiles reassuringly.
Kevin
“You sure about this?”
Pac-Man
“Yeah, don’t worry. I still have some energy left over from Clyde. I’ll be fine.”
Panel 3
3.
Kevin starts running off with the unconscious Max. Pac-Man looks ready to fight.
Kevin
“Alright.”
Pac-Man
“Now then…”
Panel 4
4.
Pac-Man and Donkey Kong look at one another, both ready to fight.
Pac-Man
“Let’s finish this.”
Page 10-19
1.
Okay, this is going to be a big fight scene so I don’t really care what exact panels show what exact punches, just follow this guideline.
2.
Pac-Man jumps up in the air to get a punch at DK’s head, but DK defends himself with his beefy arms, and Pac-Man gracefully jumps back down to the ground. Pac-Man charges himself up (like he did to turn Clyde blue) and them charges towards Donkey Kong. DK is startled, and this lets Pac-Man land that head-shot, which knocks Donkey Kong down. Pac-Man does his “Thank you, Thank you, it was nothing”, routine, but DK shakily gets up, still able to fight. Of course, Pac-Man doesn’t notice this, and so he doesn’t notice DK’s fist hit him in the back. This makes Pac-Man take a tumble, but he also gets up shakily. Now the two foes are facing one another, eyes locked, still ready for more. Then, Donkey Kong breaks eye-contact with Pac-Man and sees, in the distance, Kevin trying to get to higher ground with Max. Pac-Man doesn’t realize that DK has seen his friends and Donkey Kong smiles menacingly. Donkey Kong grabs a giant boulder and heaves it towards Kevin and Max. Pac-Man realizes too late what Donkey Kong is aiming at, and as he rushes towards his friends, Donkey Kong grabs him and makes him stay. Pac-Man is forced to watch as the giant rock crashes into where Kevin and Max are. But, just before the rock crashes, there’s an explosion of white light right where Kevin is standing. The distraught Pac-Man waits for the smoke to clear, but when it does, his jaw drops.
Page 20
Panel 1
1.
Full-page panel that shows what it is that made Pac-Man’s jaw drop: Kevin and Max, completely unharmed. More than that, but, surrounded by the clearing smoke, Kevin is holding his Wii-mote, which has made an enormous sword out of white light. Make this panel as epic as possible.

Here's the fourth part of the first Captain N story arc. Please enjoy and comment.