Slytherin Princess | Teen Ink

Slytherin Princess

September 16, 2011
By AliCat47 PLATINUM, Chicago, Illinois
AliCat47 PLATINUM, Chicago, Illinois
23 articles 0 photos 1 comment

Favorite Quote:
"If your going to be two faced at least make one of them pretty"- Marilyn Monroe

"Enemies of the heir beware, You'll be next Mudbloods!" - Draco Malfoy

"A man tells his stories so many times that he becomes his stories. They live on after him, and in that way, he becomes immortal"- Big Fish


“Draco Malfoy is our generation’s Slytherin Prince, and the Yule ball is his opportunity to claim his princess, its totally got to be me!” Pansy squealed. Pansy was running her fingers through her short black bob, and admiring herself in a palm sized mirror. Kelsie rolled her eyes at Daphne and Daphne laughed.

“What are you laughing at Greengrass?” Pansy shouted across the girl’s dormitories.

“Well I don’t know Malfoy never striked me as a dog guy… Pug face” Daphne responded, Kelsie and Daphne roared with laughter, and Pansy stormed to the bathroom and slammed the door behind her. Millicent Bullstrode stood at the door begging to be let in.

“Let’s go Daphne, I don’t want to deal with Pug face and her worshiper” Kelsie said as she walked out of the Slytherin’s fourth year girls dormitories and into the Slytherin common room.

“Look Kelsie, aren’t you lucky with your timing? Your little boy toy is right over there” Daphne whispered to Kelsie. They both walked over in silence, Kelsie was suddenly afraid that Draco would choose Pansy over her. She was smarter, prettier, more mature, funnier, and Draco and her got along a lot better than he did with Pansy, but still… All teenage boys are stupid, even the beautiful Slytherin Prince.

“Hey Malfoy, don’t you look pale today?” Daphne said, as her and Kelsie sat down on the couch across from Draco, Crabbe, and Goyle. Malfoy rolled his eyes and ignored her. He looked at Daphne for only a second, and then his eyes met Kelsie’s. They stared at each other wordlessly for only a moment. Then Kelsie looked away and tried really hard not to blush.

“Crabbe, Goyle, come on we have to go to the owlery to get what I had my father send me so we could make those buttons we were talking about.” Malfoy said.

“By Draco” Kelsie said, looking back up into his grey eyes. He stared back silently and nodded, his white blonde hair falling into his eyes. He then got up and walked away with Crabbe and Goyle. Kelsie wondered why he hadn’t spoken to her, he Always spoke to her even if he had nothing nice to say.

“Is he mad at me?” She asked Daphne then realizing how concerned she sounded she added, “Not that I care of course, just curious.” She had to keep her cool no matter how much she actually cared.

“Curiosity killed the cat Kelsie” Daphne responded, then seeing the bad look spreading across Kelsie’s face, she said, “But he probably just couldn’t think of anything good enough to say to you.”

“What do you mean Daphne?” Kelsie asked in her most carefree tone.

“Well he’s secretly in love with you, so he doesn’t want to say anything stupid or only mildly cool.”

Kelsie hoped she was right. The two girls hung out in the common room until Pansy came out and declared she was going on a “Malfoy Search”. Then Kelsie told Daphne she wanted to go on a walk by herself. She didn’t tell her that she would also be going on a Malfoy search. She had to find him before she did she just had to. She walked around the dungeons thinking of where he goes when he cuts class. She walked into a dark hallway and saw a doorway; she walked right as Malfoy walked out. They walked right into each other. Kelsie felt her cheeks redden and hoped he wouldn’t get angry with her.

“God Kelsie! Watch where you’re going!”

“Why don’t you watch where you’re going Malfoy?” She responded without thinking.

“Look I know your lost with out me, but that does not mean you need to walk around blindly” he smirked at her.

“Oh get over yourself Draco!”

“Yeah I’ll work on that. So, what color dress are you going to wear?” He asked, almost sounding nervous. Kelsie felt confused, and had no idea what he was talking about. She looked up into his grey eyes.

“I mean to the Yule ball of course. I mean I assume we’re going together. Whom else would I go with?” He asked.

“Pansy’s been talking about how you two were definitely going to go together” she responded, she couldn’t help but smile at the disgust that appeared on his face.

“I hate her! She’s a creep and obsessed with me! Not even attractive!” He sneered. Kelsie felt herself smile and said,

“I’m wearing a Purple and black dress. You know this means your going to have to buy me a present for Christmas, I mean you can’t just take me to the Yule ball on Christmas night and not give me a present.”

“Well what kind of boy friend would I be if I didn’t get my new girlfriend a present?” he responded. Kelsie felt herself giggle, Draco laughed and walked her back to the Slytherin common rooms. Daphne was sitting with Pansy and Millicent. Pansy jumped up and skipped towards Draco.

“Draco where were you? I was looking for you!” she said.

“Of course you were. What kind of stalker would you be if you hadn’t looked for me?” Draco walked away from her and into the boys dormitories. Pansy asked Kelsie where Draco had been.

“Draco was just choosing his princess, and guess what?”

“What?” Pansy asked.

“You’re looking at her” Kelsie had never felt so happy before in her whole life. She signaled for Daphne to follow her, and they walked to the girl’s dormitories, and she told her everything that had happened.