The Adventures of Calvin and Hobbs Where's Hobbs? Part 1 and Part 2 | Teen Ink

The Adventures of Calvin and Hobbs Where's Hobbs? Part 1 and Part 2

December 8, 2010
By ANT13 SILVER, Northwood, New Hampshire
ANT13 SILVER, Northwood, New Hampshire
5 articles 0 photos 4 comments

Favorite Quote:
I feel like this should be a famous quote/saying: Talk from your heart because the beats that come out are the words of heart, good choices. each beat is a choice, no beat equals giving up. 1 beat can make a difference, so can't you.


One day while playing baseball Calvin had said to Hobbs…”So, What else do you want to do today?”
“I don’t know.” Hobbs said.
“Maybe we could go for a wagon ride down the hill, off the deck and into the water.” Calvin said.
“I don’t know, it seems dangerous.” Hobbs said.
“Wimp.” Calvin yelled.
“Hey, I’m not the dummy here who wants to kill himself.” Hobbs bragged.
“What do you care, you’re just a stuffed animal that talks, you don’t even have a brain.” Said Calvin.
“Yes I do, you just don’t know it because it’s stuffed up with beads and strings.” Said Hobbs.
“Sure, it would be made of string and beads because all you think of is playing with a ball of string and throwing beads at me which by the way hurts.” Calvin Shouted.
“Oh well.” Hobbs said.
“So, do you want to go out and ride the wagon or are you a wimp and think it’s still dangerous.” Said Calvin.
“Be quiet Calvin, you just want to, like I said KILL YOURSELF and be stupid. Shouted Hobbs.
“Whatever, I’ll go alone then and you can just stuff your little beady butt to the ground and watch me.” Calvin angrily said.
“Hey, watch your mouth or I’ll wash it with soap and-
“You can’t pick anything up even if you tried.” Calvin yelled.
“OH, yeah, watch me. (10 minutes later)
“Hey Calvin, do you still think I can’t pick anything up or should I bring this back.” Said Hobbs with an evil tone.
“No you can’t pick anything up; you’re made out of string in beads. What possibly can you pick up?” Calvin yelled.
“Oh you know, the ordinary SOAP BAR from the store.” Said Hobbs.
“No, not the NEW AND FANTASTIC soap bar. That stuff stinks.” Said Calvin frightened.
“Yes, I know that, that’s why you are going to eat it or you don’t go off the cliff.”
“Fine I’ll stay, but you better sleep with one eye opened.”
“Why-
“Calvin, come in for supper.” Said Calvin’s mom.
“Adios dummy.”
‘You’re going to leave me out here, what if someone takes me? Who will be your new, talking, stuffed friend?”
“Someone but you, now as I was saying I have to go eat.”
(Sound of Hobbs crying/whimpering)
“Fine, you can come in but only on one condition, you go off the cliff with me.”
“No, I’m not going to hurt myself doing something a seven year old boy is trying to telling me to do- Ok you talked me into it. LET’S EAT!
“Wonder what’s for supper.”
“Don’t know but it smells great!”
“Yeah I guess you’re right.”
(20 minutes later when Calvin finally finishes dinner.)
“Let’s go now Hobbs; it’s time to go for a spin!”
“I don’t want to.”
“OH well. You said you would remember. Remember when-
“I know, you don’t need to rub it in my face.”
“So let’s go.”
“Fine, but don’t go fast.”
“Whatever.” (Talking to himself.) ‘I will go FAST!”
“You ready?”
“Sure.” Hobbs said frightened.
“LET’S GOOO!”(Sound of screaming from both of them).
‘Hey, I thought you said we weren’t going to go fast. Did you lie to me?”
“We aren’t going as fast as usual and yes, I lied, let’s light this thing!”
“Wait what?”
“Weeeeee!”
“Ahhhhhhhhhhh.”
“I thought you said we weren’t going fast.”
“I did, why; you want to go faster-
“NO.”
“Ok.”
(Shortly after they are done Hobbs is whining and screaming at Calvin for lying and eventually go inside to sleep.)
(Hobbs here’s crying/whimpering from Calvin at the middle of the night and walks over to him and says:
“Are you ok?”
“No, I’m mad.”
“Why?”
“Because of you. You yelled at me and you said that you weren’t my friend and you are the one thing that means a lot and I care about you. Please don’t leave me, I love you. You know what though, how about we start over being best friends so none of us go to bed in disappointment and live happily ever after.”
“Calvin, that was the most sweetest thing you have ever said to me. Thank you. Yes I will forever be your friend and since I am a stuffed, stringy, and beady animal, I can sleep with you right?”
“Of course you can and guess what Hobbs. I am going to buy you a new friend tomorrow who is the same thing as you, a good, kind, and awesome friend.”
“Awww thank you Calvin. That right there just might have been the coolest thing you have ever said to me in a long time or pretty much ever since we met.” I love you Hobbs.”
“I love you too Calvin, Good night.”
“Good night.”

Part 2


The next morning Calvin woke up to missing Hobbs for some reason and sure enough he was M-I-S-S-I-N-G. Calvin started crying and his mom came up and asked what was wrong and she had seen that Hobbs was gone and Calvin had looked out the window and the wagon was gone and weirdly enough he saw it floating in the lake and the first thing he thought of was Hobbs is now in the water. Calvin burst into tears and ran down not looking at the bus one moment and went to see if Hobbs was in the water and it was too late, Hobbs was already gone.
“Mom, can I get a, a, a new stuffed animal?” Calvin sadly said.
“Why of course you can, you saved up money and now you can get that new teddy bear you wanted. Right isn’t that what you-
“NO, I want Hobbs, I want a tiger.”
“How did Hobbs get outside in the first place?”
“Don’t know. But you know what I’m going to do now though?”
“What?”
“I am going to find Hobbs.”
“What, it’s too dangerous, come on it’s time for school now, I’ll look for him while you’re gone.”
(6 hours later when Calvin get’s off the bus he asks his mom if she found Hobbs and she did. Hobbs was in the bushes at the end of the lake. Calvin screamed in joy and was to always keep an eye on him.)
“Where were you and why’d you do it?”
“I was in the bush and for some reason I had a nightmare thinking you never wanted to see me again.”
What I never would say that.”
“Well you did.”



THE END!

The author's comments:
i wrote this because i thought "Would it be amazing to write a story from a comic?" and calvin and hobbs first came to me.