Chronicles of Coran: Prologue | Teen Ink

Chronicles of Coran: Prologue

November 6, 2010
By Curtis5931 BRONZE, San Jose, California
Curtis5931 BRONZE, San Jose, California
2 articles 0 photos 2 comments

1

The air felt damp and sticky and smelled as if had recently rained in this area. Mud squished in between her toes making her feel uncomfortable and cold. As she looker around making sure nothing dangerous was around her. In the distance three silhouettes of what seemed to be men, stood in the entrance to an old cave that seemed so familiarly yet she couldn't remember exactly where she had every seen it before. There was a thick layer of fog in the surrounding area making the dense forest behind her seem so full of danger. The cracking of branches somewhere in the forest startled her and she turned ready for an incoming attack. Her heart pumping and her senses trying to find a sign of the reason of the noise but she couldn't hear or smell. Her sense of touch was gone and her sight was blurry.

“Whats happening, who's there.” her mind in a panic not knowing why she couldn't hear, smell, or touch.

The three blurred figures in the entrance of the cave had started to increase size and seemed to be either getting closer or larger. Her hearing had started to return as she started the hear the croak of the frogs that resided in the surrounding forest. Smell returning as warm fresh scents of rain filled her nostrils with delight. She begun hearing a low mumble of voices coming from the direction of the three figures. Her vision still blurred made it hard to tell where or who it might becoming from.

“Fay? Is that you?” The voice echoed in the distance of the three figures. The figures got closer as her vision started to clear. With clear vision she saw three dark silhouettes of men walking towards her. The one to the left was a thin skinny man, the man to his right was thicker them him and seemed to carry himself with great pride and courage. The male to the far right was the most interesting silhouette of them all. He seemed to be close to seven feet tall and had the body size of a trunk of a great oak tree tree “Fay is that you over there.”

How does this person know my name and who is he. This dream feels so real and why does the voice sound so familiar. Confused with her sight coming back there faces were with in seconds of being
2
able to be seen and recognized. One more step and I can see him, I can see them all. The man who spoke I want to know who he is. The group of three were about to enter her range of vision when the fog got thick and everything went white. His voice echoed in her head calling her name, and the voice of the man seemed to be so familiar and so intriguing.


Dawns early light filtered in the room from the holes in the sod hut warming Fays' face. The light made visible the tiny dirt particles that danced in the air. Fay opened her eyes revealing the bright blue cat like eyes that hid behind her closed eye lids just moments before. She stayed sprawled on the bed contemplating whether she should get up. She took a deep breath and went to exhale as a shadow of something passed the hut blocking the light from entering the room. The shape of the figure seemed to be that of a man. The shadow seemed some what familiar as if she seen it before but Fay was sure she hadn't.

Her heart rate increased and her senses came alive. The figure moved closer to the door slowly and with light foot steps. Fay smelled the air trying to find some insight to who this person was. Fay cringed at the smell of rotten flesh and a person who hasn't bathed in several days. There was also another scent, the scent of stale blood but it wasn't the blood of the Blessed, it smelled of Hume. Under the horrible smells and blood she sensed the scent of another clan. Earthpelt.

What was Earthpelt doing is Icefang territory. Why is the scent of Hume blood present on this Earthpelt warrior.

Fays' heart racing as she struggled to control its pulse. Breathing deep and relaxing her muscles she prepared for this Earthpelt scum to enter the small room so she could make her attack. Fay strained her heightened senses so she could find the exact location of where the warrior was. Her ears listened for the sound of foot steps, her nose smelled for how close the rancid smell of the person was. Fays heart had calmed down to a slow steady beat and was ready for the intruder.
The shadow passed by the door opening it quietly but it still made enough noise for Fays sensitive ears to hear. Light foot steps made the dust fly in the air joining the other dirt specks in the air. His heavy breath and quickened heart beat showed his fatigue. Fay sensed that he started to walk towards the bedside at the far right corner of the hut. Fay counted his steps figuring out how many more it would take. Fays mind racing to figure out using all the training she had got to figure out similar problems

Six! Six steps is all that was left until he would be close enough for her to attack
Fay felt the warmth of the sunlight fade as his shadow blocked the warm rays from hitting her side. The shadow of the mysterious man moving closer and blocking more of her body from the warm rays as he took two more steps,

Four more and he's mine.

The thought repeated in her head over and over again. She had planned out how exactly how she was going to execute her assault step by step all Fay needed to do was to remember everything, attack and let her natural fighting instincts kick in like she had so many other times.

The author's comments:
Plz comment