Forever (part 2) | Teen Ink

Forever (part 2)

July 29, 2010
By Runner242 GOLD, Rochester, New York
Runner242 GOLD, Rochester, New York
16 articles 0 photos 12 comments

Favorite Quote:
"It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live." - Dumbledore


Carlisle wasn’t going to make it home to the Cullen’s house until late tonight. Alice and Jasper left the Cullen house late afternoon to go hang out in the woods, while Emmett and Rosalie went back to watching football. When we were in our little house, Edward picked me up and carried me to our bed. We sat there for a long time looking into each others eyes, not saying a word. But the silence was becoming painful. Finally Edward said something, “What do you want to do?”
The question took me off guard, I wasn’t expecting it. But I didn’t know what I wanted to do. So I just said, “I don’t know.”
“Hmm…what are you thinking?”
“Why don’t you find out for yourself?” I teased. But my mind was still focused on Jacob’s story. At that moment I used my little gift again and let him in. I love you and you know I don’t blame you for anything that happened during our separation. You were only trying to make things better.
“I know Bella, it’s just that I hurt you so much and I can never forgive myself for that.” He said the worlds in a whisper.
Edward, please forget about it. It doesn’t matter anymore, were together now and that’s all that matters.
“Okay.” He managed to choke out.
“Okay, now that that’s all cleared up, what are we going to do about our daughter?” I loved saying our daughter. It felt so special. I couldn’t even find words to describe it. She was something that had a part of Edward and I in one.
“I don’t know, Jacob shouldn’t be around vampires this much. It’s not healthy for him. I wouldn’t want anything bad to happen to him. I know he would never leave Renesmee though.”
“I’m not ready to give her up.”
“Neither am I.”
“What if she runs off with him,” I felt a sudden spasm of worry wash threw me. “Trying to protect him from getting hurt and we never see her again!” I knew I was overreacting, but I just couldn’t help myself.
“Don’t worry love, nothings going to happen and Carlisle will be home soon and we can talk with him.” Edward said it in a thoughtful voice, he was thinking, trying to make sense of the day.

Later that night, when Carlisle and Esme had returned home, Edward and I went to speak with them. We were sitting around the dinning room table, when Edward asked, “Carlisle, what do you think happened?”
“I’m not quite sure.You said he just fainted right?” Carlisle responded to Edward’s question.
“Yes.”
“Well then,” he paused for a brief second, in thought. “I don’t know. I want to have a talk with him. Do you think you could ask him to come in here?”
Immediately I rose from the table and left to find Jacob. Him and Renesmee where still in Edwards old bedroom. “Jacob? Can you come down here? Carlisle wants to talk to you.”
Jacob yelled down the stairs, “Sure, sure Bella.”
“Thank you.” I could hear him coming down the stairs. His steps weren’t as graceful as ours and I knew that Renesmee was following behind him, only 2 steps away.
When Jacob entered the dinning room his bronze colored skin was paler then usual, his heart beat faster, and his temperature cooler then normal for him. “Here I am doc. Are you going to operate on me or something?” He said in an amused voice. He laughed at his own joke, no one finding it amusing.
“Jacob, have a seat.” Carlisle was the first to speak.
“Sure, sure.”
“Have you talked to Sam lately?”
“Yeah, about a week ago.”
“Is anything strange going on at La Push?”
“Not that I know of, I haven’t visited lately though. Why?”
“Well, before I left, Sam found me and spoke to me briefly. He said the wolves wouldn’t be in the woods for awhile, something strange was going on at La Push.”
What was Carlisle talking about? I saw a wolf in the woods just the other day. I didn’t recognize it so I left. Something about it frightened me. It was different then Jacob or Sam’s packs. It was alone and it looked a little barbaric. I hadn’t remembered anything of it until Carlisle spoke about the wolves. “Really? I just saw a wolf in the woods the other day.” I said it surprised and Edward looked at me concerned.
“Bella, you saw a wolf in the woods?” It was Edward who asked the question.
“Well I think I did. It wasn’t like Jacob or Sam’s pack though. It was different. Like it had been in wolf form for months, years maybe even.” I didn’t know what to think anymore. What had I seen?
“We need to talk to Sam.” Edward said it in an urgent voice, he was upset.
“We can go visit him now if you want. He and the pack are probably having a bomb fire.” Jacob had lost touch with his old pack ever since he started hanging out with us more. They were still friends, but didn’t talk that much.
“Alright Jacob. You ready to go for a quick trip to the line then?” Edward asked even though I’m sure he knew the answer.
The treaty line was something that the Cullen’s and the werewolves had made before Alice, Jasper, and me where around. The werewolves only allowed the Cullen’s to live here because they were supposedly different. They didn’t eat humans; instead they controlled their thirst with animals. As long as the Cullen’s didn’t go onto the reservation or bit a human; the werewolves wouldn’t expose them to the pale faces. They made an exception when I gave birth to Renesmee. Jacob had allowed Edward to turn me into a vampire to save me from death.
“Sure, I’ll be right back. I’m just going to let them know.” Werewolves could hear each others thoughts if they were in the same pack. But then the pack split up, Jacob formed his own with Leah and Seth. But Jacob and Sam had found out that they could communicate with each other with only the things they wanted to tell them about.
Jacob ran outside the house into the woods to phase into his wolf form. He was back in 47 seconds after he told Sam to meet up with us at the line. “All set.” Jacob said when he was back.
“Perfect, now let’s go. I want to figure this out.” Edward said in an urgent voice again.

They started to leave and Renesmee and I began to follow. But Edward was quick to stop us. “Bella, stay here with Ness. I wouldn’t want anything to happen to the two of you. You are my life, the holder of my soul. Please say here, for me.”

I couldn’t ignore his request. It was so serious yet beautiful, I wanted to cry. So I nodded and walked Renesmee into the other room. We sat on the couch and waited for their return. Renesmee was the fist to speak out of the two of us, “What do you think happened at La Push?” she said it in a worried tone, I didn’t know if I could keep my body relaxed. I wanted to be with Edward. But I knew if anything happened to me while we were there, he wouldn’t be able to forgive himself. He’d always taken the blame for my accidents.

“I don’t know honey, but I hope nothing to serious. It would be terrible if anything happen to the werewolves.” I couldn’t even imagine something bad happening to them.

“Do you think it has anything to do with the other werewolf you were talking about?”

“I don’t know, but let’s hope not. He didn’t look too friendly or safe to be around.” Once I said it, Renesmee put her hand to my face, using her special talent and showed me a happy time, when she was just a few months old. Renesmee didn’t like to see me unhappy. She was so much like her father in so many ways. “Thank you.” I said when it was over.

“No problem Mom, I know how hard it is for you. You and Dad are always worrying. Everything’s going to work out fine. It always has and always will.” As soon as she said the words I knew she regretted saying them. She didn’t know the future, and she couldn’t promise that everything was going to be okay.