Snow White Twist | Teen Ink

Snow White Twist

By sundaelover116 BRONZE, Ann Arbor, Michigan
sundaelover116 BRONZE, Ann Arbor, Michigan

"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind" ~Dr. Suess

"Hello my pretty," the disguised Queen said in her crackly voice. "I heard you recently moved here so I brought you a housewarming gift. It's a apple fresh from my orchard!" for the witch, everything was going just as she had rehearsed. Snow White even believed she was an old woman!
"Oh, why thank you!" said the stunningly beautiful and kind Snow White. As she reached for the basket, the Queen pulled it back.
"I'm just to give you 1 for my husband is as frugal as can be," the hag explained. She really just didn't to loose her beautiful apples and her basket, for she was too cruel to ever be married (even if she was a Queen).
The evil Queen gave Snow White what she believed to be the apple she had poisoned. Snow White kindly thanked the old woman and invited her in.
"Oh, you must have things to unpack! I must get back to my husband and help to tend the orchard," and without another word, the Queen was gone.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Mwa ha ha ha ha," the Queen cackled to herself as she trekked back to the castle. "Snow White will be dead in a matter of minutes and I will be the most beautiful in all of the land. I shall have a celebratory apple, myself." Just then, she heard something or someone running in her opposite direction. "WHO'S THERE?!?" the queen bellowed. She feared whoever was there, had been listening and was going to save Snow White. Even if they get there now, the girl will be dead! The witch now thought this all in her head in case of other eavesdroppers. She put off the apple until later and rushed back to her luxurious castle.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Dopey ran as fast as his gangly legs could carry him. His long clothes didn't help either. He kept tripping and falling! Every time he fell, he got up again. Dopey just had to get back to the mine and tell the other 6 dwarfs. They had to save Snow White!
He got to the mine panting.
"Where were you?" demanded Grumpy. Being mute really didn't make Dopey's job any easier. As best as he could, he mimed for them to hurry back to the cabin to help Snow White. After 5 long minutes of miming, the other dwarfs (Doc, Happy, Bashful, Sleepy, Sneezy, and Grumpy) finally understood. They all ran back to their cottage leaving their days work behind.

Doc was the first to the cabin. He burst down the door, and a scream came from the kitchen.
"SNOW WHITE!" Happy (who has closely followed Doc in) cried.
"Oh, don't scare me like that, you guys! Why are you home so early and why did you do that to the door?" Snow White questioned.
"The better question is why are you still alive!" worried Doc. "Dopey saw the Queen walking away from the cabin. She was saying how she gave you a poisoned apple and that you would be dead."
"The only person that gave me an apple was a kind old lady. The apple she gave me was delicious." protested Snow White.
"It might have been the queen in disguise," growled Grumpy. Snow White agreed that it was possible.
"She had a basket of apples. Maybe she gave me the wrong one,"suggested Snow White. Although they all still kept an eye on Snow White, they agreed that she was OK for now. The dwarfs didn't go to the mine for days after that because they wanted to make sure that the queen didn't come back.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"MIRROR MIRROR ON THE WALL" the queen called just as she returned. She was exited to be told that she was the prettiest and not Snow White. "WHO'S THE FAIREST OF THEM ALL?"
"Although her death you tried, Snow White still walks with her pride. She lives happier and fairer than the one that stand before this mirror," it said in his wise old voice. He showed Snow White doing her morning chores at the house.
"WHAT?1?!" the queen shrieked. "HOW IS THIS POSSIBLE?!?!" Now we all know that when a queen gets stressed, she goes straight to the nearest food source and eats. The basket of apples was right in her reach. CRUNCH! Her teeth sank into the apple and she immediately fell dead.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
When the news of the queen's death spread throughout the kingdom, Snow White and the dwarfs jumped for joy. They lived happily in their cottage forever and ever.

THE END

This piece will only make sense if you have seen the Disney Snow White. It starts after the dwarfs leave for work and the Queen (disguised as a hag) comes to the cottage.

Thank you! I wrote this for my creative writing class!! my teacher is awesome!!

xcrayolaxstormx SILVER, Coventry, Rhode Island

"Don't worry about it." -V.Z.

Haha, this was so cute! I loved it. Keep it up :)