The Unexpected Tale of Rose Weasley and Scorpius Malfoy

A warm, late spring breeze swirled around the train station, Platform 9 ¾. Rose Weasley had stepped off the train, fresh off her third year, hand in hand with Scorpius Malfoy. She was hoping to part before either of their fathers saw them together. Mortal enemies in Hogwarts, mortal enemies for life. But of course, inheriting her father’s lack of luck, Ronald Weasley, with an embarrassed Hermione Weasley trailing behind, stormed up to the couple, fury raging behind green eyes.

“Oh… Mr. Weasley,” Scorpius began, trying to make a good impression by holding out his hand.

“Get away from my daughter, you foul pure blood!” Ron shouted. Hermione buried her head in her hands, trying to hide from the scene.

“But, dad, Scorpius isn’t who you think-“ Rose stuttered, getting cut off by her overly protective father.

“He is exactly who I know he is! A filthy, rude, Slytherin by heart!” Ron raged, fiery red hair standing on end.

“BUT HE’S NOT IN SLYTHERIN!” Rose screeched, causing all mouths to drop. Ron’s furious eyes emptied to blank confusion. Hermione’s hands slid away from her face and stepped forward to see this miraculous wonder; the first Malfoy not in Slytherin. By standers even glared with question.

“Then… what is it?” Ron inquired, curiously staring at Scorpius face. He resembled his father so much, how could he not be affected by the curse of Slytherin?

“Ravenclaw,” Scorpius spoke up. Hermione’s eyes brightened, a clever boy like Scorpius would be perfect for her intelligent daughter, Rose.

“But- I’ve seen you in Slytherin robes!” Ron paced, trying to figure this all out.

“I bought them. I wear them around my father. At school I hang out with Gryffindors Rose, James, Lilly, and Albus, and Ravenclaws like Lorena and Lyzar, Ms. Lovegood’s kids. The Slytherins disgust me, and they always pester me about my blood lines and evil ancestors,” Scorpius explained sufficiently.

“Ok then… Let’s go Rose… Say goodbye to your friend…” Hermione said, baffled. She helped Ron carry away her bags while they greeted Hugo.

“Scorpius!” Draco Malfoy called through the bustling halls of the platform.

“ Um… Dad. Hi,” Scorpius stuttered. Rose gripped his arm; It was time.

“What are you doing with that Weasley girl? Didn’t I tell you about her?” Draco scoffed, piercing black eyes darting around Rose’s face; her physical appearance was too striking to her father to ignore.

“Hello, Mr. Malfoy,” Rose stated politely. Draco sneered in response.

“Isn’t it nearly impossible for you to fancy her? You know, Slytherin vs. Griffyndor?” Draco inquired, sounding more like a nervous dad than pompous pure blood.

“Well… Dad. I’m not in Slytherin or Gryffindor,” Scorpius began.

“Oh, don’t tell me you’re a Hufflepuff!”

“No, I’m not… I’m a proud Ravenclaw who socializes with Lorena and Lyzar Lovegood, Ravenclaw, Griffydors Victorie, Hugo, Rose Weasley, and Teddy Tonks, and to your most dislike, James, Albus, and Lilly Potter,” Scorpius proudly declared, leaving his poor old father wordless. But without warning, the dark eyes were more than piercing. They were angry, furious, fuming with rage. Just when it seemed as if Draco Malfoy would have a hemorrhage, a dependable source interlude.

“Malfoy! Back off my niece and her friend,” Harry Potter bluntly affirmed, fingering his wand in the back pocket of his jeans.

“Ah, Potter, my old… nemesis,” Draco spit, the venom in his mouth more evident than his receding hairline, “as you may have heard, my…offspring… is none the less an ‘intellectual’ Ravenclaw, and no longer welcome in the House of Malfoy.”

“He is more than welcome to stay with Ginny, James, Albus, Lilly, Teddy, and I,” Harry nodded to an illuminated Scorpius.

“Please, I’d rather him stay with Weasleys,” Draco groaned. Rose brightened, exchanging a joyous look at Scorpius.

“And it shall be,” Hermione stepped up, Hugo, Bill, Fleur, Victorie, Teddy, Ron, Lilly, James, Albus, and Ginny all behind as the Potter-Weasley-Tonks-Potter clan.

“Take the disgusting Boggart. Pansy!” Draco sneered and turned away, snapping for his teary-eyed wife, who had been observing the whole time, to follow.

“Welcome to the family, Malfoy!” James cheered as the big happy family Apparated back to the Potters’ for a celebration.

hootowl4 said...
sorry i mean cool

JonasLover89 replied...
i like "coll" just the same haha

hootowl4 said...
Great! coll take on Harry Potter

danceswsk8boards said...
This is really cool. I thought it was a little bit choppy but I would abosolutely love a series out of this!

JonasLover89 replied...
Thanks! I think I will, I have a few HP series in my head ready to roll!

StormyJ said...
Feb. 21, 2010 at 11:46 am
Like it alot.....love it actually it was funny and sweet.

JonasLover89 replied...
Thank you :D

MyLuckyStars said...
Haha. That was amazing. I loved how creative the idea was! Good job. :D

WhoIsMarvelous said...
I love wrock! I feel like such a nerd now...lol. What's the song called?

JonasLover89 replied...
Pansy.
Geniuses!!! XD

WhoIsMarvelous said...
Jan. 2, 2010 at 11:25 am
What a creatvie idea. I loved the entire thing, the only thing that bothered me was Draco never married Pansy. Insted it was someone by the name of Astoria Greengrass. She is one of Pansy's friends...BUt other then that, I loved it.

JonasLover89 replied...
Yeah...I made the Pansy part up lol.

WhoIsMarvelous replied...
Jan. 3, 2010 at 10:03 am
That's okay. I was completley shocked when I found out that he didn't marry her...

JonasLover89 replied...
I know! And that "wrock" (wizard rock lol) band Draco and the Malfoys wrote a funny song about Pansy... It sounds serious but I can't stop laughing

Holycobra said...
I love that you put Scorpius in Ravenclaw (my favorite house), but I'm not sure if Draco is still that angry at Harry, especially since Harry saved his life twice at the battle of Hogwarts.I guess he would have to be, though.

JonasLover89 replied...
Dec. 11, 2009 at 9:50 am
Yeah, but I think he'd be vengeful for being a better wizard, etc, and for destroying his father's master.

JonasLover89 replied...
Dec. 31, 2009 at 11:03 am
But thank you for reading, and it's all my crazy perspective! I'm a little... "nutter" as they would say! ;]

EllaMcFarley replied...
Well, knowing malfoy it might make him even madder that harry saved him!! He's not the kind of person to like the fact he owes harry his life, if you know what i mean. haha, malfoy malfoy...