The Unexpected Tale of Rose Weasley and Scorpius Malfoy

By BeckoningLovely GOLD, Wilmington, Delaware
BeckoningLovely GOLD, Wilmington, Delaware

"I think our favorite quotes say more about us than the people we are quoting," John Green

A warm, late spring breeze swirled around the train station, Platform 9 ¾. Rose Weasley had stepped off the train, fresh off her third year, hand in hand with Scorpius Malfoy. She was hoping to part before either of their fathers saw them together. Mortal enemies in Hogwarts, mortal enemies for life. But of course, inheriting her father’s lack of luck, Ronald Weasley, with an embarrassed Hermione Weasley trailing behind, stormed up to the couple, fury raging behind green eyes.

“Oh… Mr. Weasley,” Scorpius began, trying to make a good impression by holding out his hand.

“Get away from my daughter, you foul pure blood!” Ron shouted. Hermione buried her head in her hands, trying to hide from the scene.

“But, dad, Scorpius isn’t who you think-“ Rose stuttered, getting cut off by her overly protective father.

“He is exactly who I know he is! A filthy, rude, Slytherin by heart!” Ron raged, fiery red hair standing on end.

“BUT HE’S NOT IN SLYTHERIN!” Rose screeched, causing all mouths to drop. Ron’s furious eyes emptied to blank confusion. Hermione’s hands slid away from her face and stepped forward to see this miraculous wonder; the first Malfoy not in Slytherin. By standers even glared with question.

“Then… what is it?” Ron inquired, curiously staring at Scorpius face. He resembled his father so much, how could he not be affected by the curse of Slytherin?

“Ravenclaw,” Scorpius spoke up. Hermione’s eyes brightened, a clever boy like Scorpius would be perfect for her intelligent daughter, Rose.

“But- I’ve seen you in Slytherin robes!” Ron paced, trying to figure this all out.

“I bought them. I wear them around my father. At school I hang out with Gryffindors Rose, James, Lilly, and Albus, and Ravenclaws like Lorena and Lyzar, Ms. Lovegood’s kids. The Slytherins disgust me, and they always pester me about my blood lines and evil ancestors,” Scorpius explained sufficiently.

“Ok then… Let’s go Rose… Say goodbye to your friend…” Hermione said, baffled. She helped Ron carry away her bags while they greeted Hugo.

“Scorpius!” Draco Malfoy called through the bustling halls of the platform.

“ Um… Dad. Hi,” Scorpius stuttered. Rose gripped his arm; It was time.

“What are you doing with that Weasley girl? Didn’t I tell you about her?” Draco scoffed, piercing black eyes darting around Rose’s face; her physical appearance was too striking to her father to ignore.

“Hello, Mr. Malfoy,” Rose stated politely. Draco sneered in response.

“Isn’t it nearly impossible for you to fancy her? You know, Slytherin vs. Griffyndor?” Draco inquired, sounding more like a nervous dad than pompous pure blood.

“Well… Dad. I’m not in Slytherin or Gryffindor,” Scorpius began.

“Oh, don’t tell me you’re a Hufflepuff!”

“No, I’m not… I’m a proud Ravenclaw who socializes with Lorena and Lyzar Lovegood, Ravenclaw, Griffydors Victorie, Hugo, Rose Weasley, and Teddy Tonks, and to your most dislike, James, Albus, and Lilly Potter,” Scorpius proudly declared, leaving his poor old father wordless. But without warning, the dark eyes were more than piercing. They were angry, furious, fuming with rage. Just when it seemed as if Draco Malfoy would have a hemorrhage, a dependable source interlude.

“Malfoy! Back off my niece and her friend,” Harry Potter bluntly affirmed, fingering his wand in the back pocket of his jeans.

“Ah, Potter, my old… nemesis,” Draco spit, the venom in his mouth more evident than his receding hairline, “as you may have heard, my…offspring… is none the less an ‘intellectual’ Ravenclaw, and no longer welcome in the House of Malfoy.”

“He is more than welcome to stay with Ginny, James, Albus, Lilly, Teddy, and I,” Harry nodded to an illuminated Scorpius.

“Please, I’d rather him stay with Weasleys,” Draco groaned. Rose brightened, exchanging a joyous look at Scorpius.

“And it shall be,” Hermione stepped up, Hugo, Bill, Fleur, Victorie, Teddy, Ron, Lilly, James, Albus, and Ginny all behind as the Potter-Weasley-Tonks-Potter clan.

“Take the disgusting Boggart. Pansy!” Draco sneered and turned away, snapping for his teary-eyed wife, who had been observing the whole time, to follow.

“Welcome to the family, Malfoy!” James cheered as the big happy family Apparated back to the Potters’ for a celebration.

**SPOILER ALERT!**
I read and reread and Googled the epilogue,and firmly decided Rose Weasley and Scorpious Malfoy were only too meant to be.

on Jul. 24 2010 at 12:56 pm
DiamondsIntheGrass GOLD, Martinsville, New Jersey

Worry is simply a misuse of the imagination.

love the idea, but its just so... abrupt and the characters dont sound like themselves.

on Jul. 21 2010 at 6:41 pm
kielymarie SILVER, Sandy Hook, Connecticut

"When you do dance, I wish you a wave 'o the sea, that you might never do nothing but that." -William Shakespeare

It's very choppy and a little awkward. Also when the characters spoke they didn't sound like themselves. And I don't think it's necessary for Scorpius to list the names of all the people he hangs out with- it's a common amateur mistake.

on Jul. 19 2010 at 12:05 pm
fyreflies BRONZE, Randolph, Wisconsin

"Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened." Doctor Suess
"Oh, of course it doesn't hurt to slide in softball." (before I tore up both knees and before I slapped that person)
"Stay with me here now/And never surrender" Skillet

Cool. I think it's kind of a funny, cute idea. :P I love this sort of thing.

on Jul. 18 2010 at 3:39 am
crzybookworm BRONZE, Highland, California

"The only thing to fear is fear itself."

Its a little confusing, but I love the idea of the Wesley and Malfoy forbidean love.

on Jul. 13 2010 at 8:10 pm
Leona123 SILVER, Kokomo, Indiana
It was a very interesting story. a couple of grammer errors, but you should really keep writing. ;)

on Jul. 10 2010 at 3:52 pm
SocialCollision SILVER, Hampton, Georgia

\"When we\'re taught to love everyone, to love our enemies, What value does that place on love?\" Marilyn Manson

I like your writing style. I hate what you did to the charactors. It just doesnt fit!

Curly_Sue said...
on Jul. 10 2010 at 1:31 pm
Curly_Sue, Sand Springs, Oklahoma
i'm not sure what to say. it was odd but kinda interesting.:)

on Jun. 4 2010 at 4:00 pm
CookieMonsterAttacks SILVER, Grand Rapids, Michigan

"I called you a lady, 'cause you're fat!" ~ Gracie G.

This is interesting, but I have to say that it's not really like the book at all.

darkvisions said...
on May. 25 2010 at 5:29 pm
darkvisions, White Plains, New York
thats fine...the messups are actually what you'd think would happen in the seventh one...but I thought it was amazing anyway, keep writing!!!

on May. 25 2010 at 5:12 pm

I know I messed up a lot! :|

darkvisions said...
on May. 25 2010 at 3:56 pm
darkvisions, White Plains, New York
This is a really good idea...I love the Rose-Scorpius/Weasley-Malfoy romance theme...but I think it could have been slightly better. Although there could very well be a change of heart, the fact remains that Malfoys are cold-hearted as a rule. There were also a few errors, such as Malfoy's wife, who is not, in fact, Pansy (refer to book 7). However, the quality of the writing is spectacular, and I loved it, particularly where you described Harry, and other parts as well. I myself am a huge Harry Potter fan, so I love analyzing Harry Potter from any point of view...keep up the good work!

eye4beauty said...
on May. 13 2010 at 5:25 pm
I liked the view point of it and the idea, but It needs to flow more to sound like an actual story that could be made into a movie script..... I wonder if she will write any more books :(

Dant3 said...
on May. 6 2010 at 6:57 pm
yeah, like the last two have said, its very akward sounding and it isn't following the storyline correctly. you got character's names wrong and feelings were misinterpreted. it was a really good idea... but it wasn't... quite right..

on May. 3 2010 at 6:36 pm
iwanttobeforeveryoung GOLD, Forest Hills, New York

"When the power of lover overcomes the love of power the world will know peace."
-Jimi Hendrix

I understand that this is your own interpretation, but I have to agree with with "Hornswaggler" said, in the epilogue Harry and Draco still didn't like each other but they had a truce and had accepted each other and Draco was on the light side.  I don't think he would have been that mad, or at least for those reasons.

on Apr. 29 2010 at 10:38 pm
Hornswaggler BRONZE, Elfrida, Arizona

"I am the teacher; You are the student. I'm supposed to teach and you're supposed to sit there and look stupid." ~ Althalus

I do like the story, it's a great idea. =3 It seems a bit too scripted though. I'm not sure how to describe it, but everything seems kinda...awkward sounding. And as far as I can remember, Draco didn't have nearly that strong of a grudge. They weren't exactly friends, but it was more of a grudging truce. x3

Great idea, it really is. =3 It could use a few tweaks here and there, but I like it.

on Apr. 21 2010 at 8:50 pm

Yes, I guess it would be Teddy Lupin, but considering his father and mother both died it was his choice. I just said Tonks, since he was named after his deceased grandfather, Theodore Tonks, Dora's father.

MLStamp SILVER said...
on Apr. 21 2010 at 4:46 pm
MLStamp SILVER, Annandale, Virginia

Thats what we all are. Ameteurs. We don't live long enough to become anything else. -Charlie Chaplin

Wow that was great!! i love Harry Potter! thats a really creative idea you had. do you think Victorie and Teddy would've gotten married?

P.S. isn't it Teddy Lupin not Tedy Tonks?

on Apr. 21 2010 at 4:39 pm
hope this helps, and keep up the good work

on Apr. 20 2010 at 9:57 pm

Yes, Malfoy is a poop sometimes, but he had a screwed up home life. It's not his fault his dad was second in command to Voldemort and his mother and her sisters were Sirius Black's evil cousins. 

on Apr. 20 2010 at 4:30 pm
EllaMcFarley BRONZE, Madison, Wisconsin

"See ya later, Herc, it's been a real slice." -Megera from Hercules (my avatar!)
"I can't turn left!" -Zoolander
"Someone get these mother f***ing snakes off this mother f***ing plane!" -Samuel L. Jackson in Snakes On a Plane (funniest movie ever)

ive commented too much. Anyway, love this!! keep it up!! I've always had a soft spot for malfoy, even though he's such a poop sometimes... :P i know im not the only one who imagines him as stunningly attractive!! ;)

SciArc

MacMillan Books

Aspiring Writer? Take Our Online Course!