The Unexpected Tale of Rose Weasley and Scorpius Malfoy

A warm, late spring breeze swirled around the train station, Platform 9 ¾. Rose Weasley had stepped off the train, fresh off her third year, hand in hand with Scorpius Malfoy. She was hoping to part before either of their fathers saw them together. Mortal enemies in Hogwarts, mortal enemies for life. But of course, inheriting her father’s lack of luck, Ronald Weasley, with an embarrassed Hermione Weasley trailing behind, stormed up to the couple, fury raging behind green eyes.

“Oh… Mr. Weasley,” Scorpius began, trying to make a good impression by holding out his hand.

“Get away from my daughter, you foul pure blood!” Ron shouted. Hermione buried her head in her hands, trying to hide from the scene.

“But, dad, Scorpius isn’t who you think-“ Rose stuttered, getting cut off by her overly protective father.

“He is exactly who I know he is! A filthy, rude, Slytherin by heart!” Ron raged, fiery red hair standing on end.

“BUT HE’S NOT IN SLYTHERIN!” Rose screeched, causing all mouths to drop. Ron’s furious eyes emptied to blank confusion. Hermione’s hands slid away from her face and stepped forward to see this miraculous wonder; the first Malfoy not in Slytherin. By standers even glared with question.

“Then… what is it?” Ron inquired, curiously staring at Scorpius face. He resembled his father so much, how could he not be affected by the curse of Slytherin?

“Ravenclaw,” Scorpius spoke up. Hermione’s eyes brightened, a clever boy like Scorpius would be perfect for her intelligent daughter, Rose.

“But- I’ve seen you in Slytherin robes!” Ron paced, trying to figure this all out.

“I bought them. I wear them around my father. At school I hang out with Gryffindors Rose, James, Lilly, and Albus, and Ravenclaws like Lorena and Lyzar, Ms. Lovegood’s kids. The Slytherins disgust me, and they always pester me about my blood lines and evil ancestors,” Scorpius explained sufficiently.

“Ok then… Let’s go Rose… Say goodbye to your friend…” Hermione said, baffled. She helped Ron carry away her bags while they greeted Hugo.

“Scorpius!” Draco Malfoy called through the bustling halls of the platform.

“ Um… Dad. Hi,” Scorpius stuttered. Rose gripped his arm; It was time.

“What are you doing with that Weasley girl? Didn’t I tell you about her?” Draco scoffed, piercing black eyes darting around Rose’s face; her physical appearance was too striking to her father to ignore.

“Hello, Mr. Malfoy,” Rose stated politely. Draco sneered in response.

“Isn’t it nearly impossible for you to fancy her? You know, Slytherin vs. Griffyndor?” Draco inquired, sounding more like a nervous dad than pompous pure blood.

“Well… Dad. I’m not in Slytherin or Gryffindor,” Scorpius began.

“Oh, don’t tell me you’re a Hufflepuff!”

“No, I’m not… I’m a proud Ravenclaw who socializes with Lorena and Lyzar Lovegood, Ravenclaw, Griffydors Victorie, Hugo, Rose Weasley, and Teddy Tonks, and to your most dislike, James, Albus, and Lilly Potter,” Scorpius proudly declared, leaving his poor old father wordless. But without warning, the dark eyes were more than piercing. They were angry, furious, fuming with rage. Just when it seemed as if Draco Malfoy would have a hemorrhage, a dependable source interlude.

“Malfoy! Back off my niece and her friend,” Harry Potter bluntly affirmed, fingering his wand in the back pocket of his jeans.

“Ah, Potter, my old… nemesis,” Draco spit, the venom in his mouth more evident than his receding hairline, “as you may have heard, my…offspring… is none the less an ‘intellectual’ Ravenclaw, and no longer welcome in the House of Malfoy.”

“He is more than welcome to stay with Ginny, James, Albus, Lilly, Teddy, and I,” Harry nodded to an illuminated Scorpius.

“Please, I’d rather him stay with Weasleys,” Draco groaned. Rose brightened, exchanging a joyous look at Scorpius.

“And it shall be,” Hermione stepped up, Hugo, Bill, Fleur, Victorie, Teddy, Ron, Lilly, James, Albus, and Ginny all behind as the Potter-Weasley-Tonks-Potter clan.

“Take the disgusting Boggart. Pansy!” Draco sneered and turned away, snapping for his teary-eyed wife, who had been observing the whole time, to follow.

“Welcome to the family, Malfoy!” James cheered as the big happy family Apparated back to the Potters’ for a celebration.

ColdplayForeverThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
today at 10:02 pm
Wow, this is really good! Personally, I ship Lily and Scorpius, and even am writing a fan fiction about them, but this is really good!

CianaBThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jan. 27 at 5:52 pm
I really like this, but I don't think Malfoy would've disowned his child in such a way.

Russophile12 said...
Dec. 25, 2015 at 7:45 am
I ship those two I l♥ve them :-) u r so creative

LittleInkerThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Sept. 2, 2015 at 9:01 am
@zaynab_m me too!!!!! Scorse Forever!!!! ; ))))

zaynab_m said...
Aug. 28, 2015 at 7:15 am
YESSS! I ship Scorpius and Rose so hard!

BrookeyMonstah replied...
@zaynab_m, mee toooo omg!!!

NewtBeCuteThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
It's very nice! However, I only want to say that however foul Malfoy may be, I don't think he would disown his child just like that. Love the story, though.

Lili7 replied...
@NewtBeCute agreed!

Omega-xis said...
I really liked how you made a very creative Harry Potter expanded universe.

Maddie17 said...
May 7, 2015 at 11:57 am
YES! I've always loved Scorpius.

ROYALPURPLEThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
LOVE IT; nice job

ABPippins said...
This was greatly amusing! Thank you from one potterhead to another (at least I hope you are) Loved it!!

xxWhisperxx said...
omg!!! i love love love it!!! i love your creativity with all of it!!

catty98eThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Wow, that's really cool!!! Love it!

jhonathanThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jan. 14, 2015 at 10:34 am
wicked !!!!!!

helloworld500 said...
Well, in the end of HP7, Ron does say something about disowning Rose if she married a pureblood. Joking, of course, but it does kinda make sense.

alonebutstillsurvivingThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Nov. 14, 2014 at 11:16 am
I LOVE THIS! I SHIP THIS SO HARD!

AnnaOfMirkwood This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I like the idea of Rose and Scorpius becoming an item, bridging old rivalries. The only critique I have is that the characters weren't very, well, in-character. Ron and Draco were much harsher than I would expect and Hermione not nearly as vocal. But you are on the right track and you have good grammatical skills. Keep working!

AppleCakePie replied...
I agree. Also, Draco doesn't marry Pansy. Just saying. He marries Astoria Greengrass. Also: I really don't think that Draco would disown his son. At the end of the series you can sort of tell he's getting a bid nicer to Ron and Harry....

totalbooknerd11 said...
Nov. 2, 2014 at 1:14 am
Wow.  I also had an idea for something like this, with the same characters.  I like how Scorpius is different though.  I think everyone imagines him as exactly like his father.