Top Voted Author Interviews

Here are the top voted author interviews:

voted
#1
Dr. Maya Angelou, Poet This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
   Born Marguerite Johnson in 1928, Dr. Maya Angelou survived a segregated, violent childhood in Arkansas and left for a life lived around the world. Talented in dance and music, a civil rights crusader and professor, Dr. Angelou is best known... (more »)
18 comments
voted
#2
Doctor/Writer: Richard Selzer This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
   Dr. Richard Selzer, 72, retired from practicing surgery and teaching at Yale Medical School in 1986. He has written ten books and received many writing grants and awards. He describes his experiences as a writer and doctor. How did... (more »)
2 comments
voted
#3
Authors Emma McLaughlin & Nicola Kraus This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
Alumnae of NYU's Gallatin School of Individualized Study, Emma McLaughlin and Nicola Kraus are successful cowriters of many best-selling novels. They met at NYU and developed a friendship while working as nannies in the wealthiest neighborhoods... (more »)
1 comment
voted
#4
Author Anna Jarzab This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
Anna Jarzab is a newly published author but no novice to writing and reading. She developed her passion for the written word while growing up in Chicago and San Francisco. She currently lives in New York City, where she writes and works in book... (more »)
voted
#5
Writer Alyssa B. Sheinmel This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
First-time novelist and Hemingway fanatic Alyssa Sheinmel made her debut in young adult fiction last month with the novel The Beautiful Between, in which average girl Connelly Sternin develops a friendship with the “prince” of her New York... (more »)
1 comment
voted
#6
Author Laurie Halse Anderson This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
Probably best known for her novel Speak, Laurie Halse Anderson has won multiple awards for her writing. With novels like Fever, 1793 and Twisted, she spans genres and tackles unique plots. Her latest novel, Wintergirls, is available now.... (more »)
22 comments
voted
#7
Author Catherine Ryan Hyde This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
Catherine Ryan Hyde is the ­critically acclaimed author of more than 40 published stories and 16 novels. Her novel Pay It Forward was adapted into a major motion picture. Hyde is the founder of the Pay It Forward Foundation, which aims to educate... (more »)
3 comments
voted
#8
Author Dana Reinhardt This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
Having written four books, Dana Reinhardt is no stranger to the writing process. She currently lives and writes in San Francisco. I was lucky enough to interview her about her experiences. In her newest novel, The Things a Brother Knows, a teenage... (more »)
voted
#9
Author Jennifer Donnelly This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
Jennifer Donnelly is a historical and young adult fiction writer, best known for her novel A Northern Light, winner of the Carnegie Medal. Donnelly's newest novel, Revolution, has already been declared a Best Book of the Month by Amazon.com.... (more »)
1 comment
voted
#10
Author Holly Thompson This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
Holly Thompson is a cultural chameleon. Though raised in New England, Holly is a long-time resident of Japan and teaches creative writing and American culture, among other things, at Yokohama City University. Her writing reflects the... (more »)
voted
#11
Author Carrie Ryan This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
It is said that writers write about what they know. Fortunately, Carrie Ryan doesn't have much first-hand knowledge of zombie apocalypses. However, her Forest of Hands and Teeth series incorporates many of the same themes she has dealt with in... (more »)
1 comment
voted
#12
Author Jenny Downham This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
Jenny Downham is a British novelist who retired from acting and began writing young adult fiction when her son was born. Her first book, Before I Die, is about a girl with leukemia and her list of things to accomplish before she dies. Her latest... (more »)
1 comment
voted
#13
Author Kate Klimo This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
Kate Klimo has been creating worlds since she was in the fourth grade. Now, she is the ­author and editor of an array of published books. Her latest work, Daughter of the Centaurs, is a fantasy that tells of a girl's quest for survival and... (more »)
voted
#14
Author Robin Wasserman This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
Robin Wasserman is an American young adult novelist. She grew up near Philadelphia and went on to become a Harvard graduate. She has written many popular teen fiction series, including the Seven Deadly Sins series, the Chasing Yesterday series,... (more »)