Coming Home | Teen Ink

Coming Home

October 25, 2016
By fictionfanatic GOLD, Garland, Texas
fictionfanatic GOLD, Garland, Texas
16 articles 0 photos 2 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Love doesn't hide it stays and fights. It goes the distance. That's why God made love so strong." "The road to life may be long and hard but know that God is with you every step of the way."


He had been sentenced to 15 years in prison for a crime he didn’t even commit. It was a surprise to all his family when he showed up one day at their doorstep. He thought surely they would have moved by now out of this old crummy town but no, not the Rumshaws. They were still here in hopes he might return to them so day. Today was there lucky day and they got their wish, detectives found new evidence within the case. He greeted his family with as best of a smile as he could but his mother saw a kind of hollow stare deep within his eyes. They all had looks of shock and surprise. His immediate family was behind him all the way and surely knew he hadn’t committed the crime but other relatives were skeptical. He hadn’t seen but a few hours of sunlight every day for the past 15 years. He was almost afraid of his family not knowing how he or they would react to him having finally been able to come home after so long. He had a mix of emotions all running throughout his mind not knowing if he would every get used to being free from the prison that held him for so long.