I was God. | Teen Ink

I was God.

February 27, 2009
By Smallchild BRONZE, Monterrey, Other
Smallchild BRONZE, Monterrey, Other
3 articles 2 photos 3 comments

I walked slowly on the long grass. I breathed slowly as the cold wind blew my hair back, covering my neck. I stared motionless at the endless field. I blinked slowly as a small object fell down to the ground. When it hit the ground, it instantly sank into the ground. A moment later, something popped out of the surface... a stick. I shall name the small object a seed because it leads the start to a new beginning.

And the stick will be a twig, I decided. I looked again, and the object had grown. Then it grew larger... and larger... and larger. Wait a second... I thought. A stick that grows and one that doesn't can't have the same name... One that grows will be a tree... because it has the same sound as be... and what a stick wants to be is a tree. I slowly cocked my head as the tree suddenly stopped growing.

It needs something... I thought. Something to help it grow... Out of now where, small droplets of some kind of liquid came down and sinked into the ground around the tree. The tree then began growing more.

I felt excited. When I thought about something to help the tree grow, something appeared. I felt powerful. I felt strong.

I looked around once again to realize that the place seemed rather... boring. Then I remembered. I can create. I thought. I can make.

Energy pulsed through me. I wanted to make something. I wanted to make more.

I made many different things. I made something I called "the sun" because it made the place fun. It shined brightly in the sky. But then I thought, not all the days can be all sunny, so I made "clouds" that shielded some of the rays from hitting the ground. I made more in the species of trees. I made what I called "flowers" that were the beauty of this wonderful place. I made the "moon" that allowed the sun to take a break, once in a while.

I made everything I wanted to. And, when I thought it was complete, I decided to admire my work. I decided.

I was powerful. I was strong. I was great.

I was God.