Diary: The Champions | Teen Ink

Diary: The Champions

By Kameron Rashid BRONZE, Flower Mound, Texas
Kameron Rashid BRONZE, Flower Mound, Texas

Diary: The Champions
Diary: Coach Ray Dawkins
Title: My love for the game

Football, one of the best games ever created. I've been so in love. I just love the way you can hit others, but have fun at the same time. The sound of shoulder pads cracking as one hits another. I even love the sight of another player barbarically taking another to the ground. I feel as if there's a connection between her and I. I know I'm not making any sense, but she comforts me like no other. As the plays executed go by it feels as if time nearly stops. I am able to see every specific detail of every specific moment. Ahhhh, how could I ever abandon her?
Title: Love; Hate

I love the game. I love everything about it. From the blood, sweat, and tears to the pains, aches, and groans, but when we have to play our rival, I begin to hate football. I'll hoop and holler with joy on the sideline if someone makes a great play, but every time I see Pembrooke (The team that stops us from winning a district championship) the most vial taste flows throughout my mouth. They cause me to turn my back on the game that I love. This year I plan to do away with them' For Good!

Title: Punishment

For the past eight weeks of practice I was extremely aggressive on the guys. If they didn't execute a play correctly, I would make them run until they felt nauseas. Well, not my star players, they have private trainers.

Title: Game Time!

We're, yes, the district championship! I wasn't very excited though. I've been to district six years in a row. Pembrooke has also; they've beat us six years straight. I was ready to prove that we could win, and boy did us. All of those excruciating practices paid off. Pembrooke should have slaughtered us, but we came back and won the fourth quarter. The rope might have been slippery, but we hung on.

The game was tied 28-28; our defense was able to intercept the ball with thirteen seconds left. Of course, I had to use up my last time out so we could have a chance score. My offense walked onto the field with enough energy to power a city for a year.

Ready, Go! The ball was off; Carrathers was deep in the pocket looking for someone to pass the ball to. No one was open. Suddenly, Bently flashes hard in the back of the end zone. Carrathers sees him and hits him for the touchdown. We won! We won! Thank you Lord, we won! Finally, after six years we won!

' Practice does not make perfect; perfect practice makes perfect.'- Vince Lombardi