Life is a party By Madison C | Teen Ink

Life is a party By Madison C

March 10, 2016
By Chimack GOLD, Geneva, Illinois
Chimack GOLD, Geneva, Illinois
13 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Music is the universal language of mankind,"


 I jerked awake trying not to cry again. So to distract me I pulled out my tablet and started creating music from an App. I was feeling uninspired so I got my camcorder and decided to do a video Diary.

“ Hi I'm Lane, and let me tell you I'm dying I don’t have any other way of putting it.” I said into the camera trying not to cry. “ I am scared… I am scared of dying.
 

Chapter 1: Make a wish

Chapter 1 Make a wish 


The dawn of my 16 year I asked make a wish if I could see the band No doubt. Granted I also asked make a wish if I could live a normal life that is when I relapsed.

“ Hi I'm Lane and I now have stage four Leukemia,” I said to the whole support group. We meet every day in the hospital cafeteria

“ And how do you feel about that?” said Dan the therapist.

I am at the point of my illness where I live at the Saint Jude Children Hospital in West Chicago. 100,000 sessions of chemotherapy, 10 attempts of radiation, dialysis once a week, bone marrow transplants, cell transplants, and now organ transplants, and you're asking me how I feel?

“ I am fine, today is a good day. I like to think God is a DJ and life's a dance floor,” I lied and worse I quoted my favorite singer, Pink.

“ That is a good way of putting It Lane,” said Dan.

After the session, I walked back to my room. The only true thing I said was that today is a good day. It is a good day. I have been feeling pretty depressed lately. My room, B182 is the same hyper clean boring room, my safe place. It was dark when I opened the door which concerned me. It was never dark. I turned on the lights.

“Surprise!” There was my whole family, my friends, and Doctor Anthony.

There was a Make a Wish sign hanging over my wall that said Happy Birthday Lane. Oh yeah did I mention that I am 21 today? Leopard print, lime green, and hot pink streamers decorated my room. They started a playlist of my favorite songs and some remixed songs. There was bottles of alcoholic beverages on my bed, oh and a bag of miracle medical marijuana. My best friend Jake was behind me. He put a light pink boa around my neck and a  tiara on my head. My mom was holding a gift basket.

“Oh my God! Are you kidding,”  I said kind of pissed and surprised.

“ Do you like it?” asked Mom.

“ It’s … its.. Wow,” I said trying to enjoy it.

Don't get me wrong, I like this set up. But I kind of wanted to forget that I was 21. Or maybe that I was 21 and have stage 4 cancer. Maybe they wanted me to have the best birthday ever because it was the last birthday. The thought of that made me want to cry.

“Lane what's wrong?” asked my mom.

“Nothing, don't worry about me I'm just happy!” That was a lie to I couldn't tell them that I was sad to be 21, I couldn't tell them that I was jealous at the girls that got to go to college and I got my GED, I couldn't tell them that I was afraid of dying. I sauntered over to my bed, my legs feeling heavy and weak. My parents, and Dr Anthony were on one side. Aunt Lane, who I was named after, and my best friend Jake were on the other side. Their smiles were forced.

“So Honey, what do you want to do first,” said Aunt Lane.

“I want to open my presents,” I said, trying to get happy.

I got two gifts from my parents, and an AT&T tablet, and a laptop. What I asked for. Jake gave me google play and I tunes card because he knew I loved music. My ants present was quality time she was painting my nails and talking. I was looking at the color  she picked out turquoise just to make me happy. I would rather paint my nails black. Oh I almost forgot the make a wish foundation gift basket It was huge and filled with. A professional DJ turntable and mix board for beats, and adobe recording studio software.

“Oh my god they granted my wish,” I mumbled. I picked up the camcorder and the slip of paper that said I Lane Jonson wished to have a communication Job. I also picked up documentaries about rock stars a whole set of Vh1 behind the music, and It might get loud. I started to cry again tears of Joy and excitement. Even though I didn't get to see No doubt or live a normal life I could fulfill my dream. 

Chapter 2: How it Happend

Chapter 2  How it happened

Here is how everything happened.  I was 11 when they found a bruise on my back just the slightest bump and they appeared. One weekend I slept all through the weekend only because I was sick. My Mom got the idea that  it was the flow but only 2 symptom was showing my muscles aching, and a fiver it got worse in that week so my parents took me to the hospital to see what the hell was wrong with me.  Dr. Christian was the family doctor mom told her my symptoms and she had me take test to make this long story short my white blood cell count was high. They also taped my spin and they took my results to lab.  The next day Dr. Christian lead us to the cancer wing. We had a meeting with Dr. Anthony.

“ Hi  Ms. Johnson and this must be Lane. I am Dr. Anthony,”

Mom looked at Dr. Anthony. Dr. Anthony broke the news to us. “ This is the worst part of my job breaking bad news to my patients,” He said wiping a way a tear “ Ms. Johnson your daughter has the first stage of Leukemia cancer. The good news is we caught it right away that means it is curable we will start her of on chemotherapy and see where it goes,” This memory came in a dream the night after my birthday party. I jerked awake trying not to cry again. So to distract me I pulled out my tablet and started creating music from an App. I was feeling uninspired so I got my camcorder and decided to do a video Diary.

“ Hi I'm Lane, and let me tell you I'm dying I don’t have any other way of putting it.” I said into the camera trying not to cry. “ I am scared… I am scared of dying. 


The author's comments:

Music and John green inspiyed my book