The Magic Hiccups

Hibiki hiccupped. And hiccupped again. And again. And again.

'Master-,' she hiccupped to her magic teacher- 'I think- I have- the hiccups-'She called out to the quiet house. 'Ma-ster?' No response. She tip-toed around the first floor. 'Maaa-ster?' Where are- you?' Silence. And a hiccup.

Then a hand reached out and grabbed her shoulder. 'Yiii!' she screamed and swiveled around. 'Master! What was that for?!?'

He smiled. 'How's your hiccups?' He pushed his glasses up the bridge of his nose.

Hibiki held her hand up to her mouth. 'I think they're-'Hiccup. "'Gone'' she finished glumly. Master laughed.

'Come on, we can fix that.'

For the next hour or so, they tried everything- drinking water upside-down, scaring her, ABC's (however you do that), even the Official Song of Ridding Yourself of Hiccups. Nothing worked.

'What are the-se?' Hibiki yelled, 'Magical Hiccups?!' She sighed. 'They're stubborn they- are.' But Master was staring in to space, obviously not quite on this plane of consciousness.

'Ma-aster?' Hibiki hiccupped. He blinked slowly. Then jumped up and scared Hibiki almost enough to scare away the hiccups. Almost.

'They are! They must be!' master snapped his fingers, and a jar appeared in his hands. 'Here, Hibiki!' He shoved the jar in front of her face excitedly. 'Hiccup into the jar!' he grinned.

'What?!' She backed up.

'Here, here!' He followed her. 'Hiccup into the jar!'

'No!' She slipped into the hallway and ran down it. Master followed. 'No! I don't kn-ow what'll happe-n!' Hiccup, hiccup, hiccup.

'Take the jar!' Hibiki ran into the bathroom and slammed the lock into place. 'Magic hiccups! Come on! It won't hurt!'

Hibiki creaked the door open, and peaked out. 'What're they used for?' Master snapped his fingers again, and with a poof! The jar was in her hands.

'Oh, all sorts of things'.'

Hibiki unscrewed the top and looked in. When she felt her diaphragm tighten, she put the jar to her mouth and- hiccup! Master snapped his fingers immediately, and the jar with the lid on appeared.

'Excellent!' he said, and ran off to his study. Hibiki stood there. And waited. And waited. And waited.

And didn't hiccup.

And never would have guessed that there was no such thing as a magic hiccup.

Imagination! said...
Jan. 29, 2010 at 4:17 am
love it!!! i need to find out what this 'official song of ridding yourself of hiccups' is lol. seriously this is fab

vampluv11 replied...
Feb. 5, 2010 at 9:07 am
thank you so much ^.^ i think ill leave that song to your own imagination...

Fredwardness replied...
Feb. 22, 2010 at 10:47 am
That was a cute story actually. It made me laugh. =)

vampluv11 replied...
Mar. 10, 2010 at 9:58 am
i do my best ^.^