The Other Side | Teen Ink

The Other Side

January 21, 2009
By Anonymous

I slipped on my purple sweatshirt matching my purple sweatpants, and walked out my bedroom door to the spiral stairs at the end of the hall. I walked passed my mom’s room then my baby brother, Alex, and his twin sister, Alice’s room, their earsplitting crying making me walk, almost run to get out of the reach of the piercing noise.

“Mom…..mom?……MOM!” I screamed into every empty room on the way to the stairs.

“Mom Alex is crying!”

“OH! I thought that was the TV. ”

“Nope guess not. I’m leaving now. Bye. I’m going to be late after school. Kay?” I asked assuming she was to caught up in Alex to notice what I was saying.

“Mmmmm hmmmm. Wait!” She shouted after me.

“Yeah mother?” I mumbled just loud enough for her to hear the annoyance in my voice while looking for my keys.

“Where are you going?” she asked me with great curiosity.

“Uhhhhh……uh…… a the library to study for a HUGE test I have tomorrow.” I hesitated not wanting to tell her that I was going to go shopping for an outfit and a new swimming suit for a vacation my family was going on soon. I have plenty of two pieces that would be perfect to wear except for the fact that I had recently got my belly button pierced. My best friend’s mom took me and told them that she was mine.

“I wont be home ‘til late!” I yelled wanting to get out of the crazy house.