Emily's Dream | Teen Ink

Emily's Dream

January 13, 2009
By Anonymous

Emily and Heather were having a sleep over together. Heather heard a strange noise and started to freak out. Heather said, “Did you hear that? What was that?”

Emily said, “What are you talking about? I didn't hear anything.”

Later that night Heather heard the same noise again and again. It sounded like someone was up stairs. She started to wonder if she should go up there or not. When she finally got the guts to go up there she saw a shadow go into to the closet. She ran down stairs and said, “Emily!!!! There is someone in your house!! Someone is in the closet upstairs in your brothers room!”

Emily just started to laugh, than she said, “What are you talking about Heather? We are the only ones here. There is no one upstairs I promise you this.”

Heather started to calm down than she heard the noise again of somewhat walking around upstairs. Once again she decided to go and take a look. This time she made Emily go with her. When they got to the bottom of the stairs the phone rang. Emily rushed over and answered it. The voice on the other end said, “I am here with you. I know you and Heather are home alone.”

Emily started to freak out. “Who is this?! How did you get my number?!”

The person on the phone said, “You know who I am Emily. Don't deny me.”
Emily got so freaked out she hung up the phone. She ran over to heather and said, “We NEED to get out of here! I am sorry I didn't believe you!”

Emily noticed that Heather wasn't saying anything. She went over and tried to talk to her again. Nothing happened. Emily started to scream at Heather. “HEATHER PLEASE TALK TO ME! WHATS GOING ON?! HEATHER!”

Emily tried to shake her friend to see why she wasn't responding. When Emily grabbed her friend she realized something was wet. She ran over to turn on the light and looked down at her hand, they were covered in blood. She ran over to the phone to try and call for help but the line was dead. She couldn't call anyone. She had no idea what to do. She went to go to her neighbors house and the locks on the door had been changed! She couldn't get out! She ran over to the phone and tried it again, it worked. She called 911 and they asked her what was going on.

Emily said, “I'm home alone my friend is dead on my couch and I think someone is in my house! My locks on my door have been switched so I can't get out! Please come help me! I don't know what to do and I'm scared!”

The line went to static than a voice came on. “Emily you chose to do the wrong thing and call for help. I know that you are home a lone now and your friend is not there to protect you.”

Emily threw the phone and went to hide in her room. She saw a shadow move across the floor. She shut her eyes and tried to think of what to do but nothing came to her. She started crying now not sure how to handle everything going on. The phone rang again and she just ignored it. It kept ringing and it wouldn't stop! She finally went to check to see who was calling her it was Heathers mom, Jessica. Emily was so excited to be able to talk to someone she knew!

Emily answered the phone, “Hello?”

Jessica said, “How is everything going? How's Heather doing?”

Emily, “Not so good! Heather is dead the cops are coming over now. I think the person who killed Heather....”

Jessica, “What? Are you okay? How did Heather die? I'm on my way over now!”

Emily said, “NO wait! Don't come over! You can't!”

Click Jessica hung up the phone. Emily started to freak out. It had been over three hours and the cops hadn't shown up and neither had Jessica. Emily didn't know what to do. She tried to get out of the house through an open window. She got her head out the window and saw that the cops had been killed and so had Jessica. She knew there was no way out of this! Finally a familiar knock on the door. She went to open it and realized it was all a dream. Emily went to answer her door and Heather was standing there. All Emily could do was go and hug her friend. Heather was really confused and wondered what was going on.

Heather asked, “Emily are you okay? Why are you crying? I'm okay and so are you.”

Emily told Heather about the dream she had. She said it felt so real and that her friend died and so did her mom with all the cops. Heather just took Emily in her arms and let her cry. She didn't know what else to do. Once Emily started to calm down Heather asked her if she was okay again.

Emily said, “Yes I'm okay it was just a dream. Right nothing but a dream?”

Heather said, “Yes it was just a dream. I'm still here so is my mom. Everything is going to be alright I promise.”

They got up and started to get ready for the day. They were in the bathroom doing their hair when the phone rang. Heather ran to the phone and answered it.

Heather said, “Hey John how are you?”

John said, “Hey I'm doing good. Are you and Emily ready yet? I'm out here.”

Emily yelling in the background, “No we aren't ready yet! Sorry John!! We will hurry though!”

John talking to Heather, “Okay I'll see you guys in a few minutes. I'll go grab Thomas and come back for you.”

Heather said, “Alright thanks a ton. I still get front though because I know he will want to talk to Emily about who knows what.”

John started to laugh when Heather said that. “Yeah I know. They are always talking about what they did the night before and we never know what happened. Bye”

They hung up and Heather went back to talking to Emily about their plans for the day. They decided to hang out with John and Thomas after school. When Heather and Emily were heading over to John and Thomas's they got hit by a drunk clown. They were not even a block away from their friends house.

Thomas and John went running over to their friends. They tried to look in the car but the windows were smashed so you couldn't see. John freaked out and called for an ambulance. As soon as they answered John said, “There was an accident please hurry! We are at 150 s. 400 w.”

The lady on the other end of the phone said, “Calm down. Do you need an ambulance? What happened? Can you tell me that?”

John said, “My two friends were a block away from my house when they got hit by a drunk clown. Well atleast thats what it looks like. My friends aren't able to respond and I don't know what to do.”

The lady said, “Okay we are sending someone now. Can you see anyone inside the other car?”

John said, “Yes they are moving. I'm not sure how many people are in the other car though. It looks like three or four. None of them look hurt.”

The lady said, “Okay we will have someone there shortly. Thank you for your call.”

The lady hung up on John so now he is trying to help his friends. He gets Emily's door open and could see now that they were alive. He was so happy to see that his friends were not dead. He started to ask them if they were okay. When they started to respond to John the ambulance and the cops started to show up. John, Thomas, Heather, and Emily were so relieved to know that help was finally there.

The cops went to talk to the clowns. They asked them to step out of the car and they just kept pileing out of the car. There was about twenty clowns shoved in that car. When the cops saw that they got so many questions in there minds.

At this time Heather and Emily had been taken out of the car and examined. Heather had a gash in her head from hitting the stearing wheel. Emily had to go to the hospital because she cracked her skull and broke an arm. They were rushing Emily to the hospital right away. Everyone was so worried except for the clowns. They didn't give a flying crap.

When the cops asked the clowns for the licence and registration the clown went to get his stuff from the car and get a chain saw.