Short Write They say those who die go to heaven. I do not think so, but I | Teen Ink

Short Write They say those who die go to heaven. I do not think so, but I

May 23, 2013
By Bpena BRONZE, Mount Prospect, Illinois
Bpena BRONZE, Mount Prospect, Illinois
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Short Write

They say those who die go to heaven. I do not think so, but I think when we die, we go to live on someone else's heart, we live on in their memories, just like how our parents stay in our hearts, But with time memories fade. That is why people wish to leave something behind, they do not want to be forgotten, and nobody wants to be forgotten. Well that’s what I always thought.
“Is it recording?” I asked myself.” The viewfinder is black..” but then I suddenly felt a very strong wind from behind me so I turned around. I saw a blinding light “What is that?”. I saw the light getting closer and making the shape of a starfish then in a flash the light crashed into the lake. I felt was a tremendous amount of wind being blown at my body, but I felt then the wind carried me as if I was as light as a feather, but I was pushed back with so much force that I hit the metal bars so hard and I felt my bones broken. I started falling down, but everything seemed to be in slow motion for some reason and all I heard was my camera’s recording noise. As I am falling down I felt a hand on mine as if they were trying to pull me up, but I also saw long crimson hair, but moments later I passed out. I woke up I looked down and saw my camera and glasses. “Let’s see, what did I do yesterday I went out to test out my new high-speed camera, and then...?” “It’s time for you to wake up! You’ll be late for school!” said my sister. “Okay” I said. I stared to walk to school and I took my camera with me. As I walk to school I begin to record the green, tall, and beautiful mountains. As I was recording the mountains I hear an incoming train and so I zoomed into the train and I started recording I, but as I looked into the camera and I saw a girl with crimson hair. Instead of going to school I ran home and played the recording from last night. As I looked at the film from last night I looked closely and in the film I saw the same girl with the crimson hair holding my hand.