Annoying | Teen Ink

Annoying

It was starting to get annoying, my brother had just quit his job and wouldn't let me be. As soon as I would get home from work, he'd jump at me and pretend to be my "bestest" of friends. It sucked and I didn't know how to stop it from happening day after day, that is until he and my stepdad had gotten into a little situation.

It started off as a usual morning, I woke up and started getting dressed for school. My brother was still asleep at first, then his alarm clock had woken him about twenty minutes after I had awoken. He quickly hit the snooze button and the alarm went off again five minutes later but he hit snooze again. And again, and again. The alarm had finally stopped going off, so I assumed he had gotten up.

I later found that he was still asleep, so I decided to wake him so he could get off to school. I figure that he didn't like me waking him and he started yelling and screaming the moment my hand touched his back. I told him it was time to get up, but I should've known he was in a bad mood, like he always was in the morning.

My stepdad had come into the room and asked us kindly what the problem was (but there was nothing nice about it). My brother had then decided that this was the time to smart-off and be himself, my stepdad didn't think it was funny. He had dragged my brother out to the living room where they argued and such. I was still in my room when I heard the front door slam, that my stepdad had kicked him out.

My stepdad had quickly disappeared into the depths of his room, so I had finished getting dressed and left to school before any of his anger rubbed off onto me.

I not once saw him that day, he wasn't at lunch or at class change, and I didn't see him on the way home from school either. I thought this was going to a peaceful day, and I found out I thought right.

When I had gotten home at about four o'clock, I found the house empty, and I knew that my brother wouldn't show up for at least a little while. I decided to play on my Playstation2 for a while to pass the time. That time on the game was great, I never played a single time before without anyone bothering me, or taking the TV to watch "South Park" instead. For once, it was actually peaceful in the house.

I quickly grew bored with the game and decided to go play on the internet, to find someone to bug on Myspace or something. After looking for a target for five minutes, I found the perfect victim and just bothered that kid for hours, that is until he decided to block my messages. I knew I was badly bored, and I didn't know why. I thought that this was going to be a peaceful night, but I just grew more and more bored by the minute.

By the time it was midnight, I decided it was time to go back to bed because there was school in the morning, and I had to go to work after that. I slept hard, there was noone else in the house to wake me or play their music too loud, like my brother always did. He'd always say that the music helped him sleep. I'd say that was a load of bull, he once played the music for two weeks straight and I never once was able to sleep during that time. But this night was different.

The next morning was pretty much the same as the day before, except that my parents basically gave up on him being gone and they wanted him back. While I was at work the next day, my mom had text messaged me at least a dozen times asking if I knew where he was, but each time I said that I honestly don't know. She didn't believe me, so that's why she nagged me about over and over again. After I had given her a few phone numbers and names that I guessed he may have gone to, she finally quit harassing me.

As soon as I left for home after work, I was looking forward to another night without him being there. I thought it would be peaceful, quiet, all that good stuff we all want. My plans of peacefulness were ruined as soon as I walked through the front door, that he was standing right there in the living room.

I just looked at him. I didn't know what to say, I was kind-of mad that he was back. He just took one look at me and acted as if his two days of being gone didn't happen. The only words that come out of his mouth that night were a few curses, threats, and a few other things I couldn't hear when he muttered. This was going to be a long night, I could tell from the look on his face.

After standing there at the door for five or so minutes, I took off for my room. I got out of my smelly work clothes, got in a pair of shorts and went for a shower. I thought that I'd be away from him in there, but he picked past the lock and dumped cold water of the top of the shower curtain. I got him back when he took a shower, but I used a bucket of ice water instead-he just used a cup of water from the tap.

I know that I'm going to get it bad back from him, that he'll not let that go, but that's what makes it fun. Besides, I had to show him that I'll get him back even better, even if I had to be a little like him.

AwesomeAley GOLD, Levittown, Pennsylvania

"Forget about yesturday it doesn't matter, Live for today as tho life doesn't matter, Wish for a tommorow as good as today and hopefully it will be better" -aley (me)

i find thi story to be of the great relationship that siblings have but never speak of.. truly it's a great story