Who Cares? | Teen Ink

Who Cares?

April 25, 2011
By OneOfAKind97 BRONZE, Rancho Cucamonga, California
OneOfAKind97 BRONZE, Rancho Cucamonga, California
3 articles 0 photos 1 comment

Favorite Quote:
Can we just pretend that its 11:11?
The past is history. The future is a mystery. Today is amazing, that's why they call it the present. 
Without you my heart has no beat.
It's hard walking in front of you, because I realize what I'm leaving behind.


Smile won’t you? You really do deserve it. Your face is flawless. So who cares if you do a have a pimple here and there? I know I don’t care. You are still beautiful to me. Who cares if you don’t have all the ‘popular boys’ liking you? I bet you at least one of them does. Who cares if you don’t have the most expensive perfect make up? I bet half the girls at your school buy their makeup at Ride-aid in their sweats and old P.E. shirts just like you. Who cares if you cried today and people saw? That doesn’t mean your weak. It’s a sign you’ve been hurt, but you are still strong. Everyone hurts. Even that boy you think is perfect and strong. I bet you he sits in his room, silent, crying. Even though he is popular and strong and all that, he is still broken. Don’t worry about that girl who doesn’t like you. She is jealous. If you even think for a second you aren’t good enough, think again. Want to know why? Ok, I’ll tell you a story. See the girl with perfect hair and beautiful eyes? She just got her heartbroken. And she is walking back to her friends with a crooked smile to say ‘We agreed a break is good for both of us.’ And she is going to smile the rest of the day to please her friends. But, once she gets home, she will walk quietly to her room, lock the door, and cry her self to sleep. But when she gets back to school, she wears the crooked smile again and greets her friends with hugs and bites her tongue to keep her self from crying. She will walk by him and hang her head low and pretend she doesn’t see him. And she’ll still look perfect. She’ll still be happy. But that is because she wants to be. Even though she is breaking and pretending she is fine, she is happy on the inside. Somewhere deep inside her, she is flying. She is free and smiling. So look at yourself in the mirror. You can smile a perfect, flawless smile. Everyone loves it. So smile won’t you? You really do deserve it.


The author's comments:
So many girls think they aren't good enough, i just want to be the one to tell you you are perfect.