Against the Wall | Teen Ink

Against the Wall

February 16, 2011
By BabyJ SILVER, Herndon, Virginia
BabyJ SILVER, Herndon, Virginia
5 articles 0 photos 2 comments

No one ever seemed to notice me. That was because I made sure of that. I made sure that I was invisible to the human eye. To make people feel the need to be safe, but still get that uneasy feeling that they are being watched- because they are. I hide against the walls. I blend into the landscape, and pose by the wallpaper. No one can see the true me because no one has tried to. So I stay against the wall in the hopes of looking for the one thing that I can’t have. I look at the love in people’s eyes. The happiness of a baby. The thoughtfulness of a painter. The sorrow of a lost lover. All those things that seem to be a part of everyday life. Yet they are the only things I want. I want to feel love and happiness and sorrow. But I can’t. So I torment myself and watch those emotions every day. Someone could help me, though. Someone could pull me off of the wall and introduce me to life. But no one has ever looked at the wall and said “Look at that angel up there. Do you think it has feelings like us?”


The author's comments:
I was looking at a painting and wrote this in my as soon as I got home. I wrote it in five minutes.