Against the Wall

No one ever seemed to notice me. That was because I made sure of that. I made sure that I was invisible to the human eye. To make people feel the need to be safe, but still get that uneasy feeling that they are being watched- because they are. I hide against the walls. I blend into the landscape, and pose by the wallpaper. No one can see the true me because no one has tried to. So I stay against the wall in the hopes of looking for the one thing that I can’t have. I look at the love in people’s eyes. The happiness of a baby. The thoughtfulness of a painter. The sorrow of a lost lover. All those things that seem to be a part of everyday life. Yet they are the only things I want. I want to feel love and happiness and sorrow. But I can’t. So I torment myself and watch those emotions every day. Someone could help me, though. Someone could pull me off of the wall and introduce me to life. But no one has ever looked at the wall and said “Look at that angel up there. Do you think it has feelings like us?”

AthenaBook said...
Feb. 20, 2011 at 9:56 am
Great details; I really liked how you never mentioned if it was a person or a tree or a flower, ect. and just let the reader decide for him/herself about what the "wallpaper eyes" if you will, really were. Keep writing!