It Takes a Village

Growing up in the coronal tribe has made me very astute, though I didn’t realize it at the time. I loathed the tribe life and the nefarious tortures we did to other rival tribes. My parents Wise Elk and She Bear started to raise me, but when I was 11 winters old they both died from a vexatious mosquito bite which turned into a malady.

My little brother, Smurf, and I had to solicit help from the rest of the tribe. They taught us how to hunt, fish and how to treat people with respect. The most amicable person in the tribe was the healer, Dr. Phil. He scrutinized the mistakes we made so we would not repeat them.

However, Smurf was ineffectual at mediocre tasks and was banished by Chief Brave Heart and would not be allowed in the tribe again. I went to Chief Brave Heart to advocate for my brothers return to our tribe. I begged the chief to let him back because he was the only family I had left and I didn’t want him to get slaughtered by the rival Squamous tribe. The chief was so enlightened with love, he let my brother back in the tribe and I earned the name Talks As He Walks.